Endowing Your Annual Fund Gift
Endowing your Annual Fund gift allows you to continue supporting Carleton forever, benefiting generations of Carls to come.
How it works
Your gift will be invested in the College's endowment, and a percentage of the endowment earnings will be added to the Alumni Annual Fund each year.
You may endow your annual fund gift in a variety of ways, including:
- An outright gift
- A gift that gives you income back, such as a charitable remainder unitrust or gift annuity
- A Gift that gives Carleton income for a few years and then is passed on to your children with considerable estate and gift tax savings
- A bequest provision from your will, trust, retirement plan, or insurance policy
The suggested minimum gift amount for an Annual Fund endowment is $10,000.
If you decide to endow your Annual Fund gift through a will or trust provision, you may wish to share the following sample language with your attorney:
I give, devise, and bequeath to Carleton College, a non-profit Minnesota corporation, located at One North College Street, Northfield, Minnesota, the sum of $_____ (or, _____ percent of my estate, or, _____ percent of the residue of my estate) to be added to Carleton's permanent endowment in support of the Alumni Annual Fund or its successor.
- Even if you endow your annual fund gift during your lifetime, please keep making your regular gifts to the Annual Fund. The College still needs your participation each year.
- If you endow your gift through a bequest, consider expressing your bequest as a percentage (e.g., "20 percent of the residue of my estate"). This way you can maintain the same relative gifts to charities and your family regardless of changes in estate value.