Giving Volunteer Resources
Thank you for volunteering for Carleton College! Your work as an Alumni Annual Fund volunteer is truly appreciated; volunteers are the driving force behind the Fund’s success.
The Alumni Annual Fund supports Carleton’s general operation and areas of greatest need—from financial aid and faculty compensation to the development of academic and extracurricular programs. Tuition and fees cover only a portion of the cost of a Carleton education; the remainder is subsidized through annual gifts and earnings on the endowment. The College would have to increase tuition and fees by more than $3,750 per student or raise an additional $150 million in endowment dollars to replace the $7.5 million provided by the Annual Fund last year.
The Alumni Annual Fund is powered by the alumni volunteers (that’s you!), who guide the Fund’s development and engage fellow alumni in supporting the College. The Fund is supported by a paid staff; however peer solicitation is the main focus and key to the success of the AAF. While most institutions involve volunteers in some capacity, none boasts the level of engagement and ownership shown by Carleton’s over 600 giving volunteers.
Thank you again for your generous gift of time and energy. We are truly grateful.
- Alumni Annual Fund volunteers, find your class data and manage your volunteer activities here.
- Information for AAF and reunion gift volunteers, including an AAF time line, volunteer descriptions, resources, and a dictionary of terms.
- Having trouble logging in? Check here for tips and password reset instructions.
- The AAF Board of Directors advises and guides the Alumni Annual Fund and its volunteers.
- Class agents serve as lead volunteers in each class. They work closely with the AAF staff throughout the year.
- Each year, a dedicated team of 50th Reunion Committee volunteers helps us make Reunion an event worth waiting half a century to celebrate.
- The Carleton Alumni Volunteer Experience (CAVE) is a workshop for Alumni Annual Fund volunteers and Reunion Committees.
- Form for volunteers to enter their personal pledges for the Alumni Annual Fund.