2011 Golden Schiller
- Published 4 March 2011First Place and Audience Choice: "Swim to the Surface"
From the big bang to ancient Greece to the age of the internet. An animated film by Chloe Nelson, Ellie Schmidt, and Grace Zarah, set to the music of Arcade Fire.
- Team: Holy Camoley Studios
- Leader: Ellie Schmidt
- Published 7 March 2011Second Place: "The Year of the Beard"
As part of a bet, Cory (the beard guy) grew out his beard for a year and took one photo a day. This film won 2nd place and has become a YouTube sensation!
- Team: Time Warp Team
- Leader: Cory Fauver
- Published 7 March 2011Third Place and Best Performer: "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, College Edition"
Nothing seems to work out for Alexander, who dreams of being in Australia rather than the blustery Minnesota cold. This film won 3rd place and Nicholas Roberts won best actor for his performance.
- Team: KER Productions
- Leader: Kaitlin Randolph
- Published 7 March 2011Most Carleton: "Ask-A-SWA: A Tale of Love"
A SWA and her resident fall in love, but things don't work out as planned. This film won the award for Most Carleton.
- Team: Are You Lonely?
- Leader: Asiya Gaildon
- Published 8 March 2011Sequence 1
A Lynchian meditation on mortality. And drinking. Or something like that.
- Team: DrunkDance Films
- Leader: Max Silver
- Published 8 March 2011Mother Magdalene
"I've come here every Friday to witness the oration."
- Team: The Immaculately Conceived
- Leader: Pablo Leon-Luna
- Published 8 March 2011Walkin’ in Sayles
A lip-dub to the 1983 hit song "Walkin’ on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves
- Team: Bounce Productions
- Leader: Allie Sterling
- Published 8 March 2011Pointless Fight Scene
A pointless fight scene.
- Team: Black Hole
- Leader: Josh Kirschenbaum
- Published 8 March 2011Junk
An artist makes a statement with her favorite junk food.
- Team: Dan McAlister and the Freshmen he Kidnapped
- Leader: Dan McAlister
- Published 8 March 2011Sociophobia and You
"Can you trust your roommate?" Billy decides that it's safer to run away from college than to live with a banana-eating stranger.
- Team: Team McNaughty Pictures®
- Leader: Jacob McNaughton
- Published 8 March 2011Strangled
A woman is told that she will die at the hands of the Rice County Strangler and hires a private investigator to follow her in hopes of catching the criminal.
- Team: Machine of Death
- Leader: Sam Dunnewold
- Published 8 March 2011The Noisy Neighbors
A girl's studying is interrupted by strange noises coming from the room next door.
- Team: Film Floor Studios
- Leader: Fay Li
- Published 8 March 2011Escape the Room
A gamer finally manages to beat Level 1 and escape the room, only to find himself trapped on Level 2.
- Team: Carleton Film Floor
- Leader: John O'Neill
- Published 8 March 2011A Network of Lines that Enlace
A visiting professor is unable to resist the urge to answer a ringing telephone in an empty house, but instantly regrets his decision.
- Team: Team Markwalter
- Leader: Kyle Markwalter
- Published 8 March 2011On Air
A story of unrequited love, KRLX style.
- Team: An Aesthetic Discourse
- Leader: Christopher Burt