Housing & Residential Living
End of Term Checkout
- Return room to original condition.
- Residential Life staff will assess the room and complete a Room Condition Report (RCR).
- Return room keys to residential staff or the Express Check Out box prior to leaving campus. There is a $40 charge for keys not returned within five days of departure.
- Charges will be assessed for any damages, extra cleaning, missing furnishings, or missing keys.
- Students leaving after the designated time will be assessed $50 for the first hour and an additional $50 for every three hours beyond the posted departure time.
- Items may not be stored in the room even if you are planning to return the following term.
Students taking a leave of absence or withdrawal while classes are in session are expected to check out of the residence halls/houses within five (5) days of the official notification and remove their personal belongings prior to departure following the procedure above.
Should the circumstances of leaving be unexpected or sudden and not allow the students time to pack personal belongings, the student may designate a friend to pack and arrange for the storage. If required, the College will use the following guidelines:
- A contracted moving company will pack up personal items remaining in the room and store them in a designated storage area. Contact Residential Life if you would like personal items packed and shipped.
- Students must make arrangements for payment with the moving company.
Students suspended by the College, taking a leave of absence or withdrawing from the College during winter or spring breaks are required to check out of their rooms prior to the start of classes the following term.
Approved on July 31, 2007.