Events in category: LiteratureSee all categories (clear "Literature")
- Humanities Center Reading Group
- Seminar reading group of Mohamedou Ould Slahi's Guantánamo Diary with Larry Siems, journalist and author.
- 6:00 pm, TBA
- Poem in Your Pocket Day
- To celebrate Poem in Your Pocket Day, the Humanities Center is asking members of the Carleton community to submit their favorite poems.
- Northfield Reads: Veterans' Voices
- Community reading project featuring literature written by veterans, about veterans' experiences.
- 4:00 pm, Weitz Center 236, Larson Meeting Room
- Conversation with Salman Rushdie
- 9:00 am, Weitz Center Cinema
- Carleton Faculty Symposium: Censorship, Blasphemy & Free Speech
- Carleton Faculty Symposium on Censorship, Blasphemy and Free Speech
- 10:45 am, Weitz Center for Creativity
- Satanic Verses reading group discussion - everyone welcome!
- 12:00 pm, Weitz Center LOME (lounge over the main entrance)
- Martha Nussbaum, "Political Emotions" book discussion group
- Carleton faculty book group on Martha Nussbaum's "Political Emotions," led by Daniel Groll, Michael McNally, Serena Zabin, Susannah Ottaway.
- 4:30 pm, LTC Library
- Tibetan poet Tsering Wangmo Dhompa, Poetry Reading
- Sponsored by Team Tibet, a club devoted to raising awareness at Carleton of cultural and political issues related to Tibet.
- 7:00 pm, Library Athenaeum