Photo Albums for OCS Programs
In order to allow you to share your images from your trip, we’ve come up with a way for you to upload them in batches to a web-based area. Your instructor will then authorize the images to appear on the Photo Album website for your program.
Please follow these steps carefully, and let us know if you have any trouble. You are guinea pigs in this project and we think it’ll work fine. I am counting on you to tell me otherwise. All problems can be reported to email@example.com
Create a folder in the webpub folder of your home directories called reason_import_only. Place up to 10 images at a time in this folder. JPG, GIF or PNG formats are acceptable, please convert all other formats to one of these.
And login using your Carleton username and password.
Fill out the form you see with any information that is true of all images. We particularly encourage you to fill out the Author field so that we know who submitted which image. See below for editing information on a per image basis, it is done after the initial upload step.
Source Folder: choose Your Network Drive
Target Site: choose your OCS program (should be your only choice)
Author: please put the name of the person who took the photo
All other fields are optional
Click Import Photos
Remove previously uploaded photos from your reason import directory and then follow the steps above to upload another batch.
Adding more specific information on a per image basis:
- Using Internet Explorer, go to https://webapps.acs.carleton.edu/admin/
- Login using your Carleton credentials
- You should be taken directly to the editing interface for your OCS site. Here you have access to edit only pending items.
- Click on Images in the column on the left
- Click on the link for Pending Items in the center of the page
- For the images you’d like to edit, click the edit link and then fill in the appropriate fields. Remember to save your changes by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the screen
Note: Clicking Finish will CANCEL all changes. Remember to save by using the Save buttons at the bottom of the screen.
Images will be approved by your prof and will appear in the photo albums on your OCS website: