The Gender Neutral Cheer Boys
Created 9 November 2002; Published 27 February 2003
- Created 18 July 2003; Published 18 July 2003Dacie Moses House: radio story by Suzanne Schaffer '03Radio story by Suzanne Schaffer '03 (Lincoln, Neb.) about Dacie Moses House. The piece includes interviews with faculty members, students, and administrators, and a performance by the Knights.
- Created 21 June 2003; Published 25 June 2003Reunion Convocation 2003Alumni Association awards. Class gift report. Address by President Oden.
- Created 14 June 2003; Published 15 October 2003Commencement 2003Commencement 2003: Opening Ceremony, Student Speeches, Honorary Degree Speeches, Closing Ceremony
- Created 20 March 2003; Published 20 March 2003Severance Hall Renovation TourA tour of the finished renovation work in Severance Hall.
- Created 1 March 2003; Published 3 March 2003Wellstone Symposium: Grassroots OrganizingPanel presentation on "Grassroots Organizing" with Sarah Anthony '88, fellow at Fair Trial Initiative; Joe Chrastil '78, lead organizer for the Industrial Areas Foundation in Spokane and Takoma; Pamela Costain '72, Wellstone for Senate 2002 campaign staffer; Secy Fascione '81, union organizer for Justice for Janitors in the Pacific Northwest; Pakou Hang, organizer with Progressive Minnesota and deputy political director for the Wellstone campaign; and Jonathan Lange '75, IAF community organizer.
See also Wellstone Symposium
- Created 1 March 2003; Published 3 March 2003Wellstone Symposium: Wellstone's Mentoring and Teaching: Alumni and Teachers
Panel presentation: "Wellstone's Mentoring and Teaching: Alumni and Teachers" in the Concert Hall with Bruce Feathers '75, CEO of FeatherLite; Carlos Gonzalez '77, physician; Nicky González Yuen '81, educator and activist at De Anza College; Peter Rachleff, history professor at Macalester College in St. Paul; Lee Roderick Blons '82, executive director for the Plymouth Church Neighborhood Foundation; and Joel Schwartz, public policy professor at the University of North Carolina. Moderated by Susan Singer, Carleton biology professor and coordinator of the Perlman Learning and Teaching Center.See also Wellstone Symposium
- Created 1 March 2003; Published 15 April 2003Wellstone Symposium: Interfaith Service of Remembrance and Thanksgivingin Skinner Memorial Chapel with Jerry Dearly and the Lakota Singers; Khaleel Sayeed '05; Rev. Carolyn Fure-Slocum '82, Carleton chaplain; the Carleton Gospel Choir; Joel Weisberg, Carleton physics and astronomy professor; the monks of the Gyuto Wheel of Dharma Monastery and the Minnesota Sakya Center; Nancy and Mike Casper, Carleton physics professor; Norm Vig, Carleton political science professor; and Rev. Oliver White, Grace Community UCC Church, St. Paul.
- Created 28 February 2003; Published 3 March 2003Wellstone Symposium: The Wellstones' Policy WorkWellstone Symposium - Panel presentation: "The Wellstones' Policy Work" in Severance Great Hall with Mark Ritchie, president of Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy; David Foster, director of United Steelworkers District #11; Bob Borosage, president of the Institute for America's Future; Michael Noble '77, executive director of Minnesotans for an Energy Efficient Economy; Connie Lewis, state director for Paul Wellstone; and Jim Ramstad, U.S. congressman from Minnesota, discussing agriculture and trade, labor and globalization, economic justice, domestic violence, and mental health care. Moderated by Carleton political science professor Norm Vig.
See also Wellstone Symposium
- Created 28 February 2003; Published 3 March 2003Wellstone Symposium: Wellstone's Impact on National and Progressive PoliticsPanel presentation on "Wellstone's Impact on National and Progressive Politics" in Skinner Memorial Chapel with Frances Fox Piven, professor of political science and sociology at the City University of New York; Tom O'Connell, political science professor at Metropolitan State University in Minneapolis; and Winona LaDuke, campaign director for the White Earth Land Recovery Project. Moderated by Carleton political science professor Roy Grow.
See also Wellstone Symposium
- Created 28 February 2003; Published 15 April 2003Wellstone Symposium: The Wellstone Legacy Continued: Alumni Staffersin West Gym with Jeff Blodgett '83; Pamela Costain '72, Wellstone for Senate 2002 campaign staffer; Dan Cramer '89, cofounder of Grassroots Solutions and former Wellstone campaign staffer; and Rick Kahn '73, Wellstone campaign treasurer. Moderated by Carleton political science professor Barbara Allen.
- Created 2 January 2003; Published 30 August 2005Renovation of Severance HallA tour of the renovation work in Severance Hall.
- Created 13 December 2002; Published 7 January 2003Benefit Screening of Lord of the Rings: The Two TowersExtensive interviews with Barrie Osborne '66, Producer of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and attendees at the benefit screening held December 13, 2002.
- Created 9 November 2002; Published 27 February 2003The Gender Neutral Cheer BoysAs heard on National Public Radio's "Only a Game": At Carleton College, a pep band that has yet to practice are getting the attention, if not exactly the respect, of fans and players.
- Created 26 October 2002; Published 3 March 2003Inauguration of President Oden: HighlightsInauguration 2002 Highlights - The Inaugural installation ceremony took place in the Chapel at 10 a.m. on Saturday, October 26.
- Created 25 October 2002; Published 3 March 2003Inauguration of President Oden: Inaugural AddressPresident Oden delivered his Inaugural Convocation address at 10:50 a.m. on Friday, October 25.