Reunion 2002: Alumni Convocation Address
Created 22 June 2002; Published 27 February 2003
President Lewis's report at Alumni Convocation. Introducing is Raul Raymundo '87, President of the Carleton Alumni Association.
- Real Audio (182 Bytes, 39 min., progressive download)
- Created 25 October 2002; Published 3 March 2003Inauguration of President Oden: Inaugural AddressPresident Oden delivered his Inaugural Convocation address at 10:50 a.m. on Friday, October 25.
- Created 22 June 2002; Published 27 February 2003Reunion 2002: Alumni Convocation AddressPresident Lewis's report at Alumni Convocation. Introducing is Raul Raymundo '87, President of the Carleton Alumni Association.
- Created 22 June 2002; Published 27 February 2003Reunion 2002: Alumni Convocation - Class Gift PresentationPresentation of the Class of '52 Gift
- Created 15 June 2002; Published 27 February 2003Commencement 2002: Address by Anthony DownsHonorary degree recipient Anthony Downs, Carleton Class of 1952 and senior fellow in the Economics Studies Program at the Brookings Institution, spoke on "A Truth Story".
- Created 15 June 2002; Published 27 February 2003Commencement 2002: Address by Kenji TanakaHonorary degree recipient Kenji Tanaka, chair of the Tanaka Memorial Foundation, presented "Ichigo Ichie: Such Encounters Are Felt for One Hundred Years".
- Created 15 June 2002; Published 27 February 2003Commencement 2002: Address by Nina ArchabalHonorary degree recipient Nina Archabal, director of the Minnesota Historical Society, gave a talk titled "Independence Is a Beautiful State of Mind".
- Created 15 June 2002; Published 27 February 2003Commencement 2002: President Stephen R. Lewis, Jr. Presented with Hororary DegreePresident Stephen R. Lewis, Jr. was presented the honorary degree of Doctor of Laws by Margaret Ann Towsley Riecker ?54, Chair, Board of Trustees.
- Created 15 June 2002; Published 27 February 2003Commencement 2002: Welcome by President Stephen R. Lewis, Jr.President Stephen R. Lewis, Jr. welcomes Carleton family and friends to Commencement 2002.
- Created 15 June 2002; Published 27 February 2003Commencement 2002: Senior SpeakersThree seniors spoke at commencement: Luke Peterson, a political science/ international relations major, and Kenechi Ejebe, a biology major, together presented a talk titled "The Carleton Toolkit," and Ruby Sheets, an American studies major presented "Experiencing 950 Acres".
- Created 23 May 2002; Published 27 February 2003WBEZ profiles Carleton's Posse GroupA reporter with Chicago Public Radio (WBEZ) attended a training session for Carleton's Posse group, 12 Chicago-area high schoolers bound for Carleton this fall. The reporter talks with the students about their reactions to campus, expectations and hopes. Dean of Admissions Paul Thiboutot is interviewed and the story provides background on the Posse Foundation and successful Posse groups at other colleges. Listen to the May 23, 2002 report courtesy of WBEZ.
- Created 15 May 2002; Published 3 March 2003The Blues Brothers honor President Stephen R. Lewis, Jr.The "Blues Brothers" performed a skit to honor President Stephen R. Lewis, Jr. at his last quarterly meeting, Wednesday, May 15, 2002. Can you guess who the "Blues Brothers" really are?
- Created 10 April 2002; Published 3 March 2003Veblen Clark Lecture by Robert William FogelThe 17th Annual Veblen Clark Lectures presents Robert William Fogel, Director of the Center of Population Economics at the University of Chicago. Lecture title: "Coping with Leisure"
- Created 18 February 2002; Published 3 March 2003Jim Fisher interview on Maoist uprising in NepalJim Fisher, the John W. Nason Professor of Asian Studies and Anthropology, was interviewed on National Public Radio's "All Things Considered" on 2/18/02 about the latest Maoist uprising in Nepal.
- Created 10 December 2001; Published 3 March 2003Barrie Osborne '66 on The Lord of the RingsBarrie Osborne '66, producer of "The Lord of the Rings," says he was inspired to get into movies when a fellow student at Carleton College made a film as a class project. Listen to MPR's interview with Osborne.
- Created 17 November 2001; Published 28 February 2003Prarie Home Companion comes to Dacie Moses HouseGarrison Keillor hosted a "Night Out in Northfield," a special late-night live broadcast from the Dacie Moses House. Listen in as Garrison Keillor joins students at Carleton for a bit of music and conversation.