About Media Relations
The Office of Media and Public Relations is responsible for communicating key messages such as the quality of Carleton's faculty and students and the value of the liberal arts to the local and national news media. By placing stories about Carleton in the news, we increase the visibility of Carleton and enhance appreciation of the College among alumni, parents, current and prospective students, current and potential contributors, professional colleagues, and the local community. Our work is part of the overall effort of the Office of College Relations, which oversees all communications efforts on behalf of Carleton and is part of the External Relations division.
- Carleton College is a four-year, residential private liberal arts college in Northfield, Minnesota.
- Tips for faculty, staff, and students who want to publicize events and accomplishments.
- Tips for faculty and staff who work with the media.
- A student work program for those interested in journalism and public relations.
- Information on the Carleton Office of Media & Public Relations staff
- A form for new students to submit their hometown newspaper information to the Office of Media Relations.
- Guidelines for faculty to write and submit opinion pieces to newspapers, both local and national.