Welcome, New Carleton Students
Welcome to Carleton! We want to help our new students make the transition from high school and home to Carleton College as smoothly as possible. To guide you on your way, we've created this information center specifically for new students. If you still have questions after you've read these pages, feel free to contact us for assistance.
- All new students should review this site.
- International students should also visit the Information for International Students site.
- Transfer students should also review the Information for Transfer Students.
Mailing #1 (for students) is mailed on May 13, 2016. It will contain your permanent Carleton username and a temporary password (which should be changed upon initial log-in), which you will use to log in and complete forms that are due over the summer. You cannot access these forms with the credentials you used during the admissions process.
Mailing #2 (for parents) is mailed on May 20, 2016.
Please note: Carleton's fall term begins in mid-September; and though registration information is available by the middle of May, First-Year students don't begin registration until mid-August.
To help with logistics, here are dates you will find useful:
- Residence halls open: 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 6, 2016.
- Parents leave campus: By 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 6, 2016.
- Flights for winter break: Students can leave campus for winter break after their last exam is finished, as determined by their professors. The best policy is to arrange return flights on Packing Day, as students must be out of the residential halls by 2:00 p.m. that day. See the Academic Calendar on the New Student Website, under “Academics and Registration,” for those dates.
- For information about arriving on campus, click here
- Family Weekend is October 14-16, 2016.