Frequently Asked Questions


What are the policies regarding alcohol and drugs?

Students are expected to make responsible decisions concerning the use of alcohol. The College recognizes and abides by all state laws, and will cooperate fully with civil authorities. Alcoholic beverages may be possessed and consumed (not sold) by anyone of legal drinking age (21). Alcohol is not allowed in public areas except at registered events. Alcohol may be served at registered events where a carding system, food, and alternative beverages are present. The illegal use, sale, distribution, or possession of drugs is prohibited anywhere on the Carleton campus. Education and counseling on alcohol and drugs is provided by staff members in Student Health and Counseling.

  • FAQ courtesy of Housing & Residential Life
  • Keywords: sex, drugs, rock and roll, alcohol, alcohol policy, legal, party, parties, lounges, lounge

Other FAQs

Site Index

Advising Handbook (back to index)

Assistive Technology (back to index)

Carleton Undergraduate Bridge Experience (CUBE) (back to index)

Foreign Languages at Carleton (back to index)

Gould Library (back to index)

Housing & Residential Life (back to index)

Information Technology Services (OLD) (back to index)

New Students 2016 (back to index)

OneCard (back to index)

Post Office (back to index)

Student Health and Counseling (back to index)