Frequently Asked Questions


What immunizations are required for admission to Carleton College?

Information about requirements for incoming students is available on the Student Health and Counseling website.

To be compliant with Minnesota State Law, all incoming Carleton students are REQUIRED to:

  • Submit dates of immunization against measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) for which you will need evidence of two (2) doses.
  • Submit dates of immunization against tetanus and diphtheria (Tdap preferred, Td also acceptable); must have been received after September 1, 2005.
  • Complete the online Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment form. If you answer "Yes" to any of the Risk Assessment questions, you will need to meet with your healthcare provider and ask them to complete and sign the TB Clinical Documentation Form. Submit this form along with hardcopy results of an Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) blood test (recommended, especially for international students) or a Tuberculin Skin Test (TST, PPD, or Mantoux), and chest x-ray (if applicable), performed after March 15, 2015.
  • 15 May 2015
  • FAQ courtesy of Student Health and Counseling
  • Keywords: Immunization, measles, mumps, rubella, shots, tb, tuberculosis, international, tetanus, requirements

Other FAQs

Site Index

Advising Handbook (back to index)

Assistive Technology (back to index)

Carleton Undergraduate Bridge Experience (CUBE) (back to index)

Foreign Languages at Carleton (back to index)

Gould Library (back to index)

Housing & Residential Life (back to index)

Information Technology Services (OLD) (back to index)

New Students 2016 (back to index)

OneCard (back to index)

Post Office (back to index)

Student Health and Counseling (back to index)