Arriving on Campus
New students can begin moving in as early as 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 10, 2013. The first mandatory New Student Week event begins at 3:00 p.m. with students meeting in small groups, while parents have the option to attend various "Parent Information Sessions". Visit the Student Schedule or Parent Schedule pages for more information.
Airport shuttles are available through Northfield Lines and offer a variety of departure times, seven days a week. This option is the most convenient and cost effective mode of transportation to-and-from the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport. Shuttles are open to any person (new students, family members, guests, etc.). Tickets are $13.00 one-way, $26.00 round trip, and can be purchased on the Northfield Lines website using a major credit card.
Purchasing ticket(s) to and from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport is easy! Just follow these simple steps:
- On the Northfield Lines website, click on "Purchase Ticket".
- In the "Going From" box, select "MSP Int'l Aiport - Transit Center (Terminal 1), MN" and your desired date of travel.
- In the "Going To" box, select "Carleton College (Willis Hall), MN".
- Select either a one-way or round trip ticket and click "Continue".
- On the next page, select the shuttle that best fits your travel needs and click "Continue".
- On the next page, select the quantity and type of ticket you would like to purchase and click "Continue".
- On the next page, enter your passenger information and number of checked bags then click "Continue".
- On the next page, enter you payment information and click "Complete Payment". You will need to print your boarding pass on the next page.
If you have problems purchasing a ticket or have questions regarding bus transportation to-and-from the airport, please contact Northfield Lines toll free by calling 1-888-670-8068. For additional ground transportation options from the Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport, this link may be helpful.
Student Maps and Transportation
There are many transportation resources available to students and their families. Follow the student gateway to maps and transportation for more information that will help you get around town and the metro area once you are settled in.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has a road construction improvement project taking place on Highway 35. We encourage you to avoid this highway and take an alternate route to campus. More information can be found on the Minnesota Department of Transportation website.
For more transportation options and information on traveling to Northfield and visiting Carleton College, the Information and Resources for Visitors website is a good resource. The site includes transportation providers, driving directions, local lodging options and restaurants.