Arriving on Campus, Transportation
New students can begin moving in as early as 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 6, 2016. The first mandatory New Student Week event begins at 3:00 p.m. with students meeting in small groups, while parents have the option to attend various "Parent Information Sessions." Visit the Student Schedule or Parent Schedule pages for more information.
Airport shuttles are available through Northfield Lines and offer a variety of departure times, seven days a week. This option is the most cost-effective mode of transportation to-and-from the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport. Shuttles are open to new students, family members, and accompanying guests.
Tickets from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport, which are $14 one-way, $28 round-trip, can be purchased on the Northfield Lines website using a major credit card. Just follow these simple steps:
- On the Northfield Lines website, click on "Buy Tickets Now."
- Select either a one-way or round-trip ticket.
- In the "Departing from ..." box, select "Minneapolis -- MSP Int'l Airport, MN" and your desired date of travel.
- In the "Going to ..." box, select "Carleton College (Willis Hall), MN."
- Click "Search."
- On the next page, select the shuttle that best fits your travel needs and click "Continue."
- On the next page, enter your passenger information and number of checked bags then click "Continue."
- On the next page, enter you payment information and click "Complete Purchase." Note: You will need to print your boarding pass on the next page.
If you have problems purchasing a ticket or have questions regarding bus transportation to-and-from the airport, please contact Northfield Lines toll-free at 1-888-670-8068. For additional ground transportation options from the Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport, this link may be useful.
Student Maps and Transportation
Carleton College provides a variety of transportation options to students and their families. Whether you want to get around campus, about the city of Northfield, or to the Twin Cities metro area, resources provided at the college's maps and transportation gateway will help you get there.
Note: Information about area road construction projects can be found on the Minnesota Department of Transportation website.
Additional information about visiting campus and the surrounding area, including directions to Carleton College as well as lodging and dining options in and around Northfield, can be found at the Information and Resources for Visitors website.