Information for Parents and Families
The parents of new Carleton College students often have as many questions as their sons or daughters. We've collected information specifically for parents here.
A quick-reference guide to web content of interest to parents, including Carleton calendars, events, visitor information and the Carleton Parents' Email Group.
The Family Guide supports the relationship between parents, student, and the College by providing easy access to helpful information for parents and families.
Parent/Family Resource Questionnaire
Carleton parents and families can be extraordinary resources of knowledge and talent for our students. We invite your participation by completing this online questionnaire.
Parents Advisory Council
Parents serving on the PAC serve a vital role in examining and advising on College programs and procedures.
Parent Orientation Program Schedule:
A schedule designed specifically for parents during the opening day of New Student Week.
For families and/or students making travel arrangements, the key information you need to know regarding New Student Week and Parent Orientation is as follows (detailed schedule coming soon)
- New students can begin moving in as early as 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 9, 2014.
- The first mandatory New Student Week event begins at 3:00 p.m. with students meeting in small groups.
- New Student Week ends on Sunday, September 14, 2014.
- Parent Orientation will begin at 3:00 p.m. and conclude no later than 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 9, 2014.
- There are no other parent orientation sessions after Tuesday. We formally invite you back to campus during Family Weekend held on October 17-19, 2014.
A full schedule for the day will be posted closer to September.