Academic and Registration Information
Try our new Course Navigator--
your guided tour to the academic journey
Course Navigator is a new interactive tool to guide you through pre-registration, help you consider your Fall term course options, and get you off to a sound start in your academic life at Carleton. Try it now.
"When picking classes, take one class you need to take, one class you want to take, and one you never thought you would take." -Bryce Gray '11
- The liberal arts philosophy and how it will guide your studies at Carleton.
- We encourage you to explore the "Guide for New Students" section of each academic departments' web pages
- An overview of the course registration process, from Argument and Inquiry seminar pre-registration through your arrival on campus.
- Detailed registration information and instructions for new students
- Placement information for language, math, music, and chemistry.
- FOCUS (“FOcusing on CUltivating Scientists”) is a program that supports a cohort of first-year students through their entry into the study of math/science.
- An introduction to the languages offered at Carleton.
- Things to keep in mind when deciding what courses to select for your first term.
- Get help navigating the options for the your Fall term registration.
- Frequently asked questions about Carleton academic life.
- Graduation requirements and academic program information from the Academic Catalog.