Arts Union Featured in Minnesota Finance & Commerce
Carleton's Arts Union is featured in Finance & Commerce's new program: On the Boards – a semi-monthly round up of upcoming Minnesota building projects designed by firms belonging to the American Institute of Architects Minnesota.
Highlighted projects are notable for the impact their quality designs will have on the communities in which they reside. Upon completion, many of these buildings will appear in the pages of Architecture Minnesota magazine, www.architecturemn.com.
In addition to housing the departments of Cinema and Media Studies (CAMS), and Theater, and Dance, the new Arts Union space will include a teaching museum, a dramatic theater, a cinema theater, dance studios, classrooms and a coffee shop. The building will also be home to the Presentation, Events and Production Support (PEPS) office and the Digital Asset Resource Center, a shared, interdisciplinary laboratory for exploring and learning to use technology.
The first phase of construction is scheduled to be complete in Fall of 2011.
Smithsonian Magazine Profiles Haase '71, "Ambassador of Jazz"
Libbey '59, Newsweek Editor Propose New Taxation System
- Vayu Rekdal '15 awarded two prestigious fellowships to continue his work in science and nutrition • Media Relations
- Annual Honors Convocation celebrates faculty and student achievements • Media Relations
- “Sets, Series, Sounds” brings the noise in new Perlman exhibit • Carleton Academics
- Spring dance concert
- Mark your calendars for the annual 'Lighten Up!' Garage Sale • Media Relations
- "Accidental Melodies" spring concert • Arts at Carleton
- Ashanti Soldier ’15 Awarded Prestigious Watson Fellowship • Media Relations
- Wildflowers of Cowling Arboretum