Arts Union Featured in Minnesota Finance & Commerce
Carleton's Arts Union is featured in Finance & Commerce's new program: On the Boards – a semi-monthly round up of upcoming Minnesota building projects designed by firms belonging to the American Institute of Architects Minnesota.
Highlighted projects are notable for the impact their quality designs will have on the communities in which they reside. Upon completion, many of these buildings will appear in the pages of Architecture Minnesota magazine, www.architecturemn.com.
In addition to housing the departments of Cinema and Media Studies (CAMS), and Theater, and Dance, the new Arts Union space will include a teaching museum, a dramatic theater, a cinema theater, dance studios, classrooms and a coffee shop. The building will also be home to the Presentation, Events and Production Support (PEPS) office and the Digital Asset Resource Center, a shared, interdisciplinary laboratory for exploring and learning to use technology.
The first phase of construction is scheduled to be complete in Fall of 2011.
Smithsonian Magazine Profiles Haase '71, "Ambassador of Jazz"
Libbey '59, Newsweek Editor Propose New Taxation System
- Renowned Malian singer-songwriter Fatoumata Diawara to appear May 5 • Media Relations
- Carls in the Grand Canyon: Wilderness Studies '16
- Carleton Players present “Tales of Rashomon” • Media Relations
- Iranian-American comedian Negin Farsad to present Carleton’s Asian American History Month Convocation • Media Relations
- Carleton hosts screening of documentary film, “A Place to Stand” • Media Relations
- Carleton, Entrepreneurship, and the Liberal Arts • Media Relations
- 11th Annual Empty Bowls Charitable Fundraiser • Media Relations
- Comps Profile: Lucia Webb '16 presents Ephemera