Young Joins the NCAA Divison III Management Council
Gerald Young, Professor of Physical Education, Athletics, and Recreation & Athletic Director, was appointed to a four-year term on the NCAA Division III Management Council. The 19-member Council represents all 442 Division III institutions and is comprised of chief executive officers, faculty athletic representatives, athletic directors, senior women administrators, conference leaders, and student-athletes. The Council oversees the implementation of NCAA policies, reviews and resolves issues, and makes recommendations to the NCAA Presidents' Council.
Young has been closely involved with the NCAA. He served as the Chair of the NCAA Division III Infractions Panel in 2005. In 2001-02, he completed NCAA Leadership Institute for Ethnic Minority Males and in 2007-08 he also completed the NCAA Pathway Program, designed to enhance the professional skills of women and people of color who seek to become directors of athletics, through education, training and mentorship.
Schmitt-Harsh Publishes an Article in Urban Forestry & Urban Greening
Pattanayak Talks About Quantum-Classical Transition at the University of Toronto
- Carleton presents Spirit of Nature, featuring the world’s top performers of traditional Chinese music • Media Relations
- Acclaimed Mexican documentary “Narco Cultura” comes to the Weitz Cinema • Media Relations
- Popular Palestinian-Israeli writer and journalist presents Forkosh Lecture in Judaic Studies • Media Relations
- Carleton announces $20 million gift for financial aid • Media Relations
- The language of popular music topic of Carleton lecture • Media Relations
- The Carleton Players present the award-winning drama, “Grounded” • Media Relations
- Carleton Fall History Lefler Lecture focused on the Rise and Fall of Roman Britain • Media Relations
- Carleton presents “Humanities in Focus: Mass Incarceration in the USA” • Media Relations