Retirees, Longtime Employees Honored at Carleton College
Carleton College recently honored retirees and longtime employees on April 14 at a lunchtime ceremony and a dinner at the Nutting House hosted by Carleton President Robert Oden Jr. and his wife Teresa Johnson Oden.
Retirees are Shirley Dulski, accounts payable specialist; Jim Fisher, John W. Nason Professor of Anthropology and Asian Studies; Julie Klassen, professor of German; John Nordine, operating engineer; Anne E. Patrick, William H. Laird Professor of Religion and the Liberal Arts; Carol Pautzke, baker, Bon Appetit Catering; Jack Ranslow, heavy duty custodian; and Richard Springer, maintenance utility.
Also honored at both events were employees celebrating 25 years with the College: Renee Flaherty, heavy duty custodian; Fred Hagstrom, professor of art; Barbara Harden, senior payroll specialist; Susan Ims, library associate cataloging; Guy Kalland, men’s basketball coach and professor of physical education, athletics and recreation; Terry Kissner, library assistant collections; Mark Krusemeyer, professor of mathematics and senior lecturer in recorder; Ann May, transcript coordinator and senior administrative assistant to the registrar; Cynthia Neil, heavy duty custodian; Ralph Neil, maintenance plumber; Steven Nesseth, special custodian; Charles Priore, research and instruction librarian and liaison for sciences; Kathleen Schwartz, library assistant in technical services; Sandra Smith, library assistant loan services; Nancy Sweeny, mailing services coordinator; Melissa Thomas, special events associate and administrative assistant for College relations; Joel Weisberg, Herman and Gertrude Mosier Stark Professor of Physics and Astronomy and the Natural Sciences; and Joseph Witt, food service utility, Bon Appetit Catering.
Eleanor Zelliot Speaks at the University of Minnesota on the Ambedkar Movement
Angela Curran and Carol Donelan Co-Author Chapter in The Routledge Companion to Philosophy and Film
- Renowned Malian singer-songwriter Fatoumata Diawara to appear May 5 • Media Relations
- Carls in the Grand Canyon: Wilderness Studies '16
- Carleton Players present “Tales of Rashomon” • Media Relations
- Iranian-American comedian Negin Farsad to present Carleton’s Asian American History Month Convocation • Media Relations
- Acclaimed Israeli author Assaf Gavron to present Carleton’s annual Forkosh Family Lecture in Judaic Studies • Media Relations
- Carleton event looks at the 2016 American Presidential Election and the Obama Presidency • Media Relations
- Lecture looks at gender and identity from a psychologist’s perspective • Media Relations
- Carleton hosts screening of documentary film, “A Place to Stand” • Media Relations