Rochester Art Museum Features New Exhibition by David Lefkowitz
The work of David Lefkowitz, associate professor of art, is the focus of a new exhibit at the Rochester Art Center, opening Thursday, September 11 and running through January 10, 2010. Entitled "David Lefkowitz: Other Positioning Systems," the exhibit highlights samples from several bodies of work from the past dozen years—part desconstruction of, and meditation on, the exhibition space itself. With a nod to both the "pleasures and pitfalls of the 'white cube,'" the exhibition is a "giddy demonstration of alternative re-use of otherwise discarded ephemera of both contemporary consumer culture and the natural world."
The Rochester Art Center is located at 40 Civic Center Drive SE in Rochester, Minn. For more information, visit www.rochesterartcenter.org.
USA Today Praises New Book Co-Edited By Steven E. Schier
Mark McKone Quoted in September Issue of Science Magazine
- Renowned Malian singer-songwriter Fatoumata Diawara to appear May 5 • Media Relations
- Carls in the Grand Canyon: Wilderness Studies '16
- Carleton Players present “Tales of Rashomon” • Media Relations
- Iranian-American comedian Negin Farsad to present Carleton’s Asian American History Month Convocation • Media Relations
- Carleton hosts screening of documentary film, “A Place to Stand” • Media Relations
- Carleton, Entrepreneurship, and the Liberal Arts • Media Relations
- 11th Annual Empty Bowls Charitable Fundraiser • Media Relations
- Comps Profile: Lucia Webb '16 presents Ephemera