Rochester Art Museum Features New Exhibition by David Lefkowitz
The work of David Lefkowitz, associate professor of art, is the focus of a new exhibit at the Rochester Art Center, opening Thursday, September 11 and running through January 10, 2010. Entitled "David Lefkowitz: Other Positioning Systems," the exhibit highlights samples from several bodies of work from the past dozen years—part desconstruction of, and meditation on, the exhibition space itself. With a nod to both the "pleasures and pitfalls of the 'white cube,'" the exhibition is a "giddy demonstration of alternative re-use of otherwise discarded ephemera of both contemporary consumer culture and the natural world."
The Rochester Art Center is located at 40 Civic Center Drive SE in Rochester, Minn. For more information, visit www.rochesterartcenter.org.
USA Today Praises New Book Co-Edited By Steven E. Schier
Mark McKone Quoted in September Issue of Science Magazine
- A Day at the Rec Center
- Lecture Addresses Issues of Race and Democracy in America • Media Relations
- What’s your research? With … Sacha-Rose Phillips ‘17 • Carleton Academics
- Carls on break: Eleanor Dollear '16
- Impossible Germany: Speaking German as a Career Tool
- Winter Lefler Lecture presented by Georgetown University Environmental Historian • Media Relations
- Convocation presented by education advocate Karen Murphy, international director of Facing History and Ourselves • Media Relations
- Residential life at Carleton: Burton Hall