Nico Vreeland '83 Nominated for Prestigious New York Innovative Theatre (IT) Award
Nicholas "Nico" Vreeland, Carleton Class of 2003, has been nominated for a New York Innovative Theatre (IT) Award for Outstanding Short Script for his play "The Interview," which was part of an evening of one acts called "Elephants on Parade 2009," produced by the EBE Ensemble. The nominees were announced at a sold-out event in New York City in July that was attended by over 500 artists and guests. The awards will be presented at a ceremony on September 21, 2009.
Celebrating their 5th year, the New York IT Awards recognize the unique and essential role Off-Off-Broadway plays in contributing to American and global culture, and believes that publicly recognizing excellence in Off-Off-Broadway theater will expand audience awareness and appreciation of the full New York theater experience.
Jennifer Pietenpol '86 Named to Johns Hopkins University Society of Scholars
Eric Egge Gives Talk at International Conference in Florence, Italy
- Carleton presents Spirit of Nature, featuring the world’s top performers of traditional Chinese music • Media Relations
- Acclaimed Mexican documentary “Narco Cultura” comes to the Weitz Cinema • Media Relations
- Popular Palestinian-Israeli writer and journalist presents Forkosh Lecture in Judaic Studies • Media Relations
- Carleton announces $20 million gift for financial aid • Media Relations
- The language of popular music topic of Carleton lecture • Media Relations
- The Carleton Players present the award-winning drama, “Grounded” • Media Relations
- Carleton Fall History Lefler Lecture focused on the Rise and Fall of Roman Britain • Media Relations
- Carleton presents “Humanities in Focus: Mass Incarceration in the USA” • Media Relations