Minnesota Construction Association Honors Cassat and Memorial Halls with Two Top Awards
JE Dunn Construction Company, builders of Carleton's newest dormitories—Cassat and Memorial Halls, were honored at the 2010 Minnesota Construction Association Awards of Excellence Gala for their work on the two campus buildings. The company was honored with two top awards at the gala event held January 27, 2010, at the Minneapolis Golf Club.
The College's Cassat and Memorial Halls, a 93,000-square-foot housing complex with two four-story buildings and 200 beds were named Best New Project (total value more than $10 million) as well as Best Green/Sustainable Project, highlighting the project's Gold LEED construction featuring student-accessible energy monitoring equipment and auto-sensor high-efficiency lighting, rain gardens and local materials usage, and abundant shared spaces.
The Minnesota Construction Associate Awards program recognizes and honors the quality construction companies that serve the upper Midwest.
The Lens Magazine Receives Top Honors from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association
Junior Kittel Evenson Named to U.S. Figure Skating Governing Body
- Carleton presents Spirit of Nature, featuring the world’s top performers of traditional Chinese music • Media Relations
- Acclaimed Mexican documentary “Narco Cultura” comes to the Weitz Cinema • Media Relations
- Popular Palestinian-Israeli writer and journalist presents Forkosh Lecture in Judaic Studies • Media Relations
- Carleton announces $20 million gift for financial aid • Media Relations
- The language of popular music topic of Carleton lecture • Media Relations
- The Carleton Players present the award-winning drama, “Grounded” • Media Relations
- Carleton Fall History Lefler Lecture focused on the Rise and Fall of Roman Britain • Media Relations
- Carleton presents “Humanities in Focus: Mass Incarceration in the USA” • Media Relations