Minnesota Construction Association Honors Cassat and Memorial Halls with Two Top Awards
JE Dunn Construction Company, builders of Carleton's newest dormitories—Cassat and Memorial Halls, were honored at the 2010 Minnesota Construction Association Awards of Excellence Gala for their work on the two campus buildings. The company was honored with two top awards at the gala event held January 27, 2010, at the Minneapolis Golf Club.
The College's Cassat and Memorial Halls, a 93,000-square-foot housing complex with two four-story buildings and 200 beds were named Best New Project (total value more than $10 million) as well as Best Green/Sustainable Project, highlighting the project's Gold LEED construction featuring student-accessible energy monitoring equipment and auto-sensor high-efficiency lighting, rain gardens and local materials usage, and abundant shared spaces.
The Minnesota Construction Associate Awards program recognizes and honors the quality construction companies that serve the upper Midwest.
The Lens Magazine Receives Top Honors from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association
Junior Kittel Evenson Named to U.S. Figure Skating Governing Body
- Vayu Rekdal '15 awarded two prestigious fellowships to continue his work in science and nutrition • Media Relations
- Annual Honors Convocation celebrates faculty and student achievements • Media Relations
- “Sets, Series, Sounds” brings the noise in new Perlman exhibit • Carleton Academics
- Spring dance concert
- Mark your calendars for the annual 'Lighten Up!' Garage Sale • Media Relations
- "Accidental Melodies" spring concert • Arts at Carleton
- Ashanti Soldier ’15 Awarded Prestigious Watson Fellowship • Media Relations
- Wildflowers of Cowling Arboretum