Lens Magazine Receives Top Honors from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association
The student produced Lens Magazine as been awarded a Collegiate Magazine Gold Crown award at the 32nd annual Columbia Scholastic Press Association in New York. The Lens Magazine received a Collegiate Magazine Gold Crown award from the 32nd annual Columbia Scholastic Press Association.
This year, 1,558 magazines, newspapers, yearbooks and digital media sites of current CSPA members were eligible to enter the Crown Awards. Judging for printed publications took place at Columbia University from December 19-21, 2009, by the Board of Crown Judges. Publications were judged on writing, editing, design, content, concept, photography, and graphics.
Only six college magazines received Gold Crown Awards. The award is just the latest for The Lens, which has also received a Gold Medalist ranking from the CSPA, a First Class ranking from the Associated Collegiate Press, and Second Place in the National College Newspaper Convention’s Newspaper of the Year Award.
Julie Neiworth Honored With Minnesota Psychological Association's Outstanding Undergraduate Teacher Award
Sophomore Rae Wood Finalist in 2010 ACM Nick Adams Short Story Contest
- Carleton to hold its 142nd Commencement Ceremony June 11 • Media Relations
- Carleton College holds annual Honors Convocation May 27 • Media Relations
- Social entrepreneurship, nonprofits draw Carls to personal causes • Carleton Academics
- Marks '16 examines personality traits, identity styles, altruism
- Carleton College Announces Faculty Promotions • Media Relations
- Carleton presents A Shared Evening Of Dance • Media Relations
- Public invited to performance by Carleton College Orchestra • Media Relations
- Convocation led by Hmong American Farmers Association Director Pakou Hang • Media Relations