Carleton Community Concludes Another Successful United Way Drive
The Carleton community announces the successful conclusion of the College's 2010 United Way Drive, raising a total of $80,276 on 237 pledges and gifts. This sum exceeds both our 2010 goal of $79,500 and our previous campus record of $77,346. Beyond those dollars and cents, the Carleton community's gifts will help the Northfield Area United Way provide much-needed support to local programs that in turn provide critical help to our friends and neighbors.
In a campus email, President Steve Poskanzer writes, "Please join with me in thanking the College's co-coordinators - Fred Rogers, Joe Hargis, and Christopher Tassava - for their terrific work in organizing the campus drive, and the many faculty and staff who volunteered as office coordinators. Above all let’s salute the many donors whose generosity made this accomplishment possible. Thank you!"
Video Produced by Leigh-Anne Borkowski '11 Featured on U.S. Figure Skating Website
Deborah Gross, Debby Walser-Kuntz, and Student Collaborators Present at American Association for Aerosol Research National Meeting
- Convocation led by renowned chef and indigenous foods champion Sean Sherman, aka The Sioux Chef • Media Relations
- Carleton announces $20 million gift for financial aid • Media Relations
- Carleton presents acclaimed author and environmental activist, Kathleen Dean Moore • Media Relations
- Carleton presents “Humanities in Focus: Mass Incarceration in the USA” • Media Relations
- Acclaimed Mexican documentary “Narco Cultura” comes to the Weitz Cinema • Media Relations
- Popular Palestinian-Israeli writer and journalist presents Forkosh Lecture in Judaic Studies • Media Relations
- The Carleton Players present the award-winning drama, “Grounded” • Media Relations
- Carleton Fall History Lefler Lecture focused on the Rise and Fall of Roman Britain • Media Relations