Rutz Publishes on Writing Across Curriculums
Carol Rutz, Director of the College Writing Program, along with co-author Bill Condon of Washington State University, recently co-authored the article, "A Taxonomy of Writing Across the Curriculum Programs: Evolving to Serve Broader Agendas." The article recently appeared in the December 2012 issue of College Composition and Communication. Both Rutz and Condon have worked at institutions recognized for their Writing Across Curriculum programs. The article demonstrates how the type of program and its particular features can be more or less influential within an institution. It describes programs that change over time and can accommodate new institutional needs and provides templates for other curriculum-based initiatives. The piece finds that that some programs become change agents within their institutions, whereas other programs fulfill more limited purposes.
Goering's Articles Named a "Highlight of the Decade"
Abrams Presents at The University of Florence
- Carleton to hold its 142nd Commencement Ceremony June 11 • Media Relations
- Carleton College holds annual Honors Convocation May 27 • Media Relations
- Social entrepreneurship, nonprofits draw Carls to personal causes • Carleton Academics
- Marks '16 examines personality traits, identity styles, altruism
- Carleton College Announces Faculty Promotions • Media Relations
- Carleton presents A Shared Evening Of Dance • Media Relations
- Public invited to performance by Carleton College Orchestra • Media Relations
- Convocation led by Hmong American Farmers Association Director Pakou Hang • Media Relations