Zelliot Publishes "Dalit Initiatives in Education"
Eleanor Zelliot, Laird Bell Professor of History, Emerita, will have her article "Dalit Initiatives in Education," published this summer in the book, Perspectives in the History of Indian Education, Essays in Honour of Professor Eleanor Zelliot. In the article, Zelliot discusses how the Dalits (or untouchables) began their initiatives in education in the late 19th century and eventually established a huge system of colleges, high schools and hostels influenced by Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.
Carpenter Featured on MPR for 'This Jealous Earth'
Yandell Presents at the Modern Language Association Conference
- A Day at the Rec Center
- Lecture Addresses Issues of Race and Democracy in America • Media Relations
- What’s your research? With … Sacha-Rose Phillips ‘17 • Carleton Academics
- Carls on break: Eleanor Dollear '16
- Impossible Germany: Speaking German as a Career Tool
- Winter Lefler Lecture presented by Georgetown University Environmental Historian • Media Relations
- Convocation presented by education advocate Karen Murphy, international director of Facing History and Ourselves • Media Relations
- Residential life at Carleton: Burton Hall