Noah Salomon, assistant professor of religion, has been awarded a membership in the School of Social Science for the 2013-2014 academic year at the Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) in Princeton, NJ. This residential Fellowship for Scholars supports the completion of Salomon's ethnography "The People of Sudan Love You, Oh Messenger of God" which explores the Sudanese experiment with Islamic statehood and contributes to the conversation about what the rise of Muslim political actors means for the future of the Muslim world. Salomon chose the IAS fellowship from among several awards made in support of this project.
Salomon Receives IAS Fellowship for Scholars
• Mar. 4, 2013
Carleton Staff Present at the Association of Student Conduct Administration Conference
London Publishes on Sonny Boy Williamson's 'Little Village'
- Carleton presents Spirit of Nature, featuring the world’s top performers of traditional Chinese music • Media Relations
- Acclaimed Mexican documentary “Narco Cultura” comes to the Weitz Cinema • Media Relations
- Popular Palestinian-Israeli writer and journalist presents Forkosh Lecture in Judaic Studies • Media Relations
- Carleton announces $20 million gift for financial aid • Media Relations
- The language of popular music topic of Carleton lecture • Media Relations
- The Carleton Players present the award-winning drama, “Grounded” • Media Relations
- Carleton Fall History Lefler Lecture focused on the Rise and Fall of Roman Britain • Media Relations
- Carleton presents “Humanities in Focus: Mass Incarceration in the USA” • Media Relations