Savina, Balaam, and Hardy participate in ACM Seminar
Mary Savina, Charles L. Denison Professor of Geology, Peter Balaam, Associate Professor of English, and Clara Hardy, Professor of Classical Languages, have been selected to participate with colleagues from Coe, Luther, St. Olaf, and Colorado Colleges in a seminar sponsored by the Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM) through its Seminars in Advanced Interdisciplinary Learning (SAIL) program.
The fifteen ACM participants in Mediterranean Trivium: Earth, Sea, and Culture will explore the interplay between humans and the natural world over time through study and an intensive, 11-day trip to Italy in summer 2013. Each college’s faculty team has outlined a multi-disciplinary curricular project to be developed through the seminar, such as creating new courses or course modules or adding interdisciplinary materials and depth to courses they currently teach.
The ACM’s five-year program of Seminars in Advanced Interdisciplinary Learning, funded by a generous grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, supports faculty as they develop innovative, multi-disciplinary curricula for upper-level students.
Gao Hong Awarded Prestigious Recording Grant
Cherif Keita's Film Highlights Lifetime Achievements of South Africa's John Dube
- Carleton to hold its 142nd Commencement Ceremony June 11 • Media Relations
- Carleton College holds annual Honors Convocation May 27 • Media Relations
- Social entrepreneurship, nonprofits draw Carls to personal causes • Carleton Academics
- Marks '16 examines personality traits, identity styles, altruism
- Carleton College Announces Faculty Promotions • Media Relations
- Carleton presents A Shared Evening Of Dance • Media Relations
- Public invited to performance by Carleton College Orchestra • Media Relations
- Convocation led by Hmong American Farmers Association Director Pakou Hang • Media Relations