Alex Freeman's "Blueshift" Performed
Alex Freeman, assistant professor of music, had his composition "Blueshift" performed in the Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra Music Room by Ensemble 61 on February 16. Ensemble 61 is a Saint Paul based contemporary music group that brings new and experimental works to the public through concerts at traditional and non-traditional venues, web-based broadcasts, education/outreach programs and community engagement. The performance also features Matthew McCright, lecturer in piano, at Carleton. The program includes 20th century masterpieces by Olivier Messiaen and George Crumb.
Klassen Publishes on Idea of 'Total Love'
Braker Discusses Prescribed Fire Techniques
- Carleton presents Spirit of Nature, featuring the world’s top performers of traditional Chinese music • Media Relations
- Acclaimed Mexican documentary “Narco Cultura” comes to the Weitz Cinema • Media Relations
- Popular Palestinian-Israeli writer and journalist presents Forkosh Lecture in Judaic Studies • Media Relations
- Carleton announces $20 million gift for financial aid • Media Relations
- The language of popular music topic of Carleton lecture • Media Relations
- The Carleton Players present the award-winning drama, “Grounded” • Media Relations
- Carleton Fall History Lefler Lecture focused on the Rise and Fall of Roman Britain • Media Relations
- Carleton presents “Humanities in Focus: Mass Incarceration in the USA” • Media Relations