Photo Feature: Empty Bowls
The eighth annual Empty Bowls fundraiser attracted Northfield residents and Carleton students, faculty, and alums alike to buy handmade ceramic bowls and a soup lunch. Student photographer Maria Kjellstrand '15 was on hand to capture this fun event.
Empty Bowls raises money each year for Northfield Community Action Center’s Food Shelf. Over 600 bowls were handmade by Carleton students, faculty, and friends and interest houses contributed soup and bread to the lunch. Student performers provided music while buyers carefully chose their bowl, then filled it with homemade soup.
Photo Feature: International Festival
Video Feature: Greg Smith Book Excerpt
- A Day at the Rec Center
- Lecture Addresses Issues of Race and Democracy in America • Media Relations
- What’s your research? With … Sacha-Rose Phillips ‘17 • Carleton Academics
- Carls on break: Eleanor Dollear '16
- Impossible Germany: Speaking German as a Career Tool
- Winter Lefler Lecture presented by Georgetown University Environmental Historian • Media Relations
- Convocation presented by education advocate Karen Murphy, international director of Facing History and Ourselves • Media Relations
- Residential life at Carleton: Burton Hall