Reason Developer Notebook
Posts tagged with “Administrative Interface” (All posts)
- April 10, 2008 at 11:08 pm
We've significantly reworked large swaths of the Reason administrative code to add alayer of abstraction between roles and their associated privileges.
Previously there was a lot of code throughout Reason that…
- February 26, 2008 at 5:43 pm
The image import tool has had several improvements:
- It now has better internal error checking for problems like apache not having proper filesystem permissions
- Imported photos are now assigned appropriate sort orders…
- January 7, 2008 at 12:50 pm
The thor_viewer class has been modified to extend the table_admin class. Some notable results of the changes:
- Row level delete (previously all data had to be deleted)
- Ability to edit data
- Detail view…
- November 14, 2007 at 5:40 pm
We've made the following improvements to the publication framework:
- Better handling of searches and filtering in issue-based publications
- Reworked interface for creating and managing publications
- Issue- and section-based publications now can be set…
- November 2, 2007 at 5:28 pm
The administrative interface was not always sorting unassociated entities properly, particularly when using the associator module to manage relationships that allow relationship sort ordering.
Now, in the associator module, unassociated entities…
- November 2, 2007 at 5:23 pm
Fixed a bug where an entity would be related to a page, but not appear in the associator as something to select / deselect.
The issue was that items were not…
- October 17, 2007 at 1:40 pm
We have been rather lax about updating the change log but are going to start actively using it once again. Needless to say, there have been many, many changes in…
- January 8, 2007 at 12:02 pm
The tool for importing images had always been a script that lived outside the Reason backend, and was tied up a bit too closely with the Carleton server infrastructure (To…
- December 27, 2006 at 3:30 pm
The media page type (e.g. audio_video) is now available to any site editor if the site has access to the media work type.
- December 1, 2006 at 4:59 pm
Reason now sports a simple plugin-style interface for WYSIWYG (or any other) editor fields. This Allows a Reason instance to simultaneously support any number of editors, and allows Reason administrators to assign different editors (and editor options) to each Reason site.
- October 6, 2006 at 11:05 am
Reason now automatically handles most directory and .htaccess file creation, moving, and deletion when sites are created, moved, and deleted. This makes site creation a simpler, faster, and easier process.
- October 3, 2006 at 10:36 amWhile the core / local split functionality has been available for a long time, it was never being used extensively in production. Carleton specific modules, content managers, content listers, content…