Charter a New Organization
Chartering a new organization is a two step process:
- Petitioning: Contact the Vice President Adele Daniel (daniela) via email, and inform her of your intentions to create and charter a new student organization. Then, have five supporting members of your group email the Vice President using the following format: "I [Full Student Name] support the creation of [Organization Name]." Ensure that the subject line of your email is "Petition for [Organization Name]".
- Draft and Submit a Charter: Your organization's charter must include the following information:
- The purpose of the group.
- The type of programming that will be done.
- A description of officer duties.
The conditions for disbandment. Please note that every group must have at least 10 members.
There are other rules to keep in mind as well. The CSA bylaws hold chartered groups to the following standards:
- The group must be open to the entire CSA (every student on campus is a member of the CSA).
- The group must not engage in illegal activities, operate in violation of its charter, or adversely affect the College’s maintenance of a residential educational community.
Groups may not use the College's name without express permission from the College Council.
Now that you're aware of these rules, click here to submit a charter. For more information, or a complete list of rules, see the CSA Bylaws, Article IV - the PDF is attached to the side of the screen.
What happens next?
Your charters will be reviewed by Governance Committee, at its next meeting. Governance Committee may ask you to make revisions to your charter; your will be contacted by email if this is the case. When approval is given, the charter is forwarded on to the CSA Senate for final approval. If you have general questions or comments about this process feel free to contact Vice President Adele Daniel (daniela).