- Reading Better, Reading Smarter: Designing Literature Lessons for Adolescents published by Heinemann
- Adolescent Literacy and the Teaching of Reading published by National Council of Teachers of English
- From the Inside Out: Letters to Young Men and Other Writings, Poetry and Prose from Prison, published by Student Press Initiative
- Critical Encounters in High School English: Teaching Literary Theory to Adolescents, second edition published by Teachers College Press.
- Reading for Themselves: How to Transform Adolescents into Lifelong Readers Through Out-of-Class Book Clubs, published by Heinemann
- Teaching Literature to Adolescents, 2nd edition, published by Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
- Braided Lives, a multicultural literature anthology published by the Minnesota Humanities Commission