- "Moral Testimony: One of these things is just like the others" (with Jason Decker), Analytic Philosophy, forthcoming.
- "On the (In)significance of moral disagreement for moral knowledge" (with Jason Decker), Russ Shafer-Landau (ed.) Oxford Studies in Metaethics, Vol. 8, forthcoming.
- "Paternalism, Respect, & The Will," Ethics, Vol. 122, No. 4 (July 2012), pp. 692-720.
- "What Health Care Providers Know: A Taxonomy of Clinical Disagreements," Hastings Center Report 41, (2011): 27-36.
- "Authority Figures", Hastings Center Report, 42 (2012): 4–9. (These are letters from Robert Veatch and Richard Clarke in response to my article and my reply)
- "What you don't know can help you: the ethics of placebo treatments", Journal of Applied Philosophy, 28: 188–202, May 2011.
- "Autonomy", The Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Utilitarianism, forthcoming.
- Review of Jeffrey A. Schaler (ed.), Peter Singer Under Fire: The Moral Iconoclast Faces His Critics, in Teaching Philosophy, Vol 33, 4, December 2010.
- Review of James D. Wallace, Norms and Practices, in Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, Sept. 2009.
- Conscience and Conscientious Objection
- Medical Paternalism (for Philosophy Compass)
- “ ‘Better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a pig satisfied’: interspecies comparisons of value and the nature of goodness” (with Micah Lott)
- Well-Being and Medicine (for The Routledge Handbook of the Philosophy of Well-Being, ed. Guy Fletcher)