- Or maybe it's the politics in Nigeria that's not over yet.
Nigeria fuel shortage cripples businesses, banks and flights
Nigeria is being crippled by the fuel shortage that the country has been experiencing for more than a month…
Waiting for ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Faribault Minnesota Colored Kodak Slides, Images from Paul H Weaver MD in the late 1960's
- Eight months ago, I picked up a paperback by Anne Hillerman at Half Price Books. Anne Hillerman is the daughter of Tony Hillerman of Navajo mystery fame. She took possession of several of her father's characters for her own attempt ... more
- Last November I was asked by Gerry Fialka if I would consent to be interviewed on his series called MESS . He set a date nearly 6 months in the future. I announced the interview here on Mixed Meters ... more
- Tomorrow I'm probably going to regret not having gone into work on Saturday, but I did have a fairly productive weekend on non-work-related terms.
The apartment is somewhat cleaner, or at least tidier, than it was, I took a load ... more
Carleton Athletics: Women's Track and Field: Ruth Steinke Finished 11th in Steeplechase on Final Day at NCAA ChampionshipsJunior Ruth Steinke was the final member of the Carleton College women’s track and field team competing on day three of the NCAA Division III Outdoor Championships. She finished 11th overall in the steeplechase, clocking a time of 10:56.85.
Carleton Athletics: Men's Track and Field: Hart Hornor Closes NCAA Championships with Another All-America AwardOn the final day of competition at the 2015 NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships, Carleton College junior Hart Hornor turned in his second All-America performance of the national meet as he finished sixth in the 5,000-meter run ... more
- I've got to make every drink count,surounded, up against a wall...howmuch more inspiration 'till I run outof ammunition? I measure my lifeby the shot, but I'm losing my aim,my desire, and my fear of ... more
- She happens...we all do...for briefmoments... in her caseshe shows moment inevery lick of her lips, so,you see, she is the goalyou see, not possess, no,when you have it, youhave her.
Carleton Athletics: Men's Track and Field: Jerry Cook-Gallardo Qualifies for 800-Meter Finals at the NCAA ChampionshipsJerry Cook-Gallardo continued his stellar rookie campaign by earning a spot in the finals of the 800-meter run at the NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships. He finished second in his heat with a time of 1:51.08, the ... more
Carleton Athletics: Women's Track and Field: All-American Amelia Campbell Finishes Fourth in Heptathlon on Day Two of the NCAA ChampionshipsCarleton College junior Amelia Campbell secured All-American status for the third time in her career after finishing fourth in the heptathlon at the 2015 NCAA Division III Outdoor Track and Field Championships. She accumulated 4,924 points over the two-day of ... more