- I could choose to start off with an apology about how long it's been since I've updated, but as I can't even bring myself to check and see when that last post was published, let's just skip that part.
I ... more
- Mixed Meters Three Readers - if they've been alert - will have noticed that there has been a missing season in my day-by-day, season-by-season, year-by-year composition project called The Seasons .
If you're not one of the Three Readers (or ... more
- I was sitting in the Senior Lounge at ElginAcademy one afternoon after lunch,reading Huston Smith's "ReligionsOf Man". All at once, I was up at theceiling, looking down at myself on thecouch. Don't know how ... more
Basswood leaves, seeds and bracts (unfinished; it turns out there is NOT enough time in the day to do all that I want to do and all that I need to do and also sleep -- which I guess ... more
Hackberry "nipplegall" on the underside of a leaf.I know many people consider them ugly, especially given their prevalence on an infected tree... but I really like Hackberry Galls. This time of year, just before the adult insects emerge ... more
- We're only as smart as we are,as capable as a species,as knowing of the truth becausewhat we know now was built onthe truth of generations that tooka long time. Babel is the towernow, ... more
- Why would we need philosophers
if we could understand them?
- An appointed upper house in the legislature? At least in Russia, the appointees are expected to represent the interests of a geographic area.
A British House Overflowing With Lords Draws Scorn
Britain’s unelected and overcrowded House of Lords… seems poised ... more
- Sawtooth sunflowers are starting to bloom.. though they have a very long flowering range, quite a few are open. I don't think they've hit peak yet and I expect to see them at least until October. What sets these ... more
- It's not often, to be honest, that I run across a flower that I just don't know. I mean, sometimes I have that "oh, I know that one but I can't remember the name," tip-of-the-tongue type of reaction, but ... more
- Town + A Avenue Hill. 73 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm-up 4 miles. Then 12 x 200 meter hill repeats with ~400 meter jog down recovery, averaging 47.7. Felt pretty good.