Last week, we paddled across the bay for a simple one-night camping trip. The month before, we did the same. This is, I hope, the start of a new monthly tradition.
March — Month ... more
- Elise Eslinger ’92, associate vice president and chief of staff at Carleton College, has been announced as an American Council on Education (ACE) fellow for 2014-15. The ACE Fellows Program combines three retreats on higher education issues organized by ACE, ... more
Kevin Draper '10: Increased Transparency Has Revealed that Awards Voting is More Broken Than We Thought
The most fun sideshow of the playoffs is awards season, where seemingly every day a new award winner is announced. Nothing will top Dirk Nowitzki accepting the MVP trophy while his Mavericks were getting bludgeoned by the eight seed ... more
- Carleton College is pleased to present a performance by the acclaimed I Cantanti Chamber Choirs on Sunday, April 27 from 7:30 to 9 p.m. in the Concert Hall. The program, entitled “Mass Appeal,” will be preceded by a short discussion ... more
Carleton News: Carleton Hosts its annual Foro Latinoamericano 2014, “The Politics of Memory and Forgetting in Latin America”Carleton College invites the public to attend its annual Foro Latinoamericano 2014, “The Politics of Memory and Forgetting in Latin America, “ April 25-26 and sponsored by the Department of Latin American Studies. Each year, students, faculty and alumni of ... more
- Louis Newman, director of advising and associate dean of the college, spoke with Education Week about how difference college and university academic calendars impact students' experience at that school. "You're only juggling three subjects at a time," he said. Carleton ... more
- Town + Willow Creek. 58 minutes. 8 miles.
Cool (43 degrees) and breezy. Relaxed and easy run.
- Town + Treadmill. 29 minutes. 4 miles.
- Treadmill. 54 minutes. 8 miles.
Easy run at 1.0% incline.
- Indoor Track. 29 minutes. 4 miles.
- When the Islamic revolution came to Iran, many Iranians left the country. They took a lot of wealth with them, but the emigrants couldn't take property and businesses. Those were seized by the revolutionary government and prominent clerics turned them ... more
- Playing as an individual, Ned Rohrbach carded a final-round even-par 72 and tied for 11th overall out of 87 players at the Bobby Krig Invitational hosted by Gustavus Adolphus College.
- In its two previous conference doubleheaders, the Carleton College baseball team let a final-inning lead slip away in game one before getting a stellar pitching performance in game two to earn a split. The script played out the exact same ... more
- Carleton College's Shannon Holden notched the second victory of her young career last Friday. Previously the MIAC's individual medalist at the conference championship in the fall, the Knights' rookie claimed first-place with a great performance in a head-to-head dual with ... more
- The Carleton College men's track and field team opened its doors to tremendous competition when it hosted the Carleton Relays last weekend, and senior Adan Nunez-Frausto delivered a top-notch performance in the hammer throw to lead the Knights' field athletes. ... more
- The Carleton women's tennis team won a pair of big conference matches last week to secure at least a share of its second MIAC regular-season title in the past three years, and it locked up the No. 1 seed in ... more