- I noticed that over the past couple weeks quite a few people have been reading a teaching comparative post titled "Procedural democracy" from April 2008. As I look at that post, I'm reminded that it does illuminate important features of ... more
- Town Loop. 52 minutes. 7 miles.
Chilly (25 degrees) and breezy. Out the door at 6:05 AM. Slow and easy run.
- Does anyone still play bridge, two couples, tricks and trumps? Always seemed like a waste of time to me. Still, people are entitled to use their spare moments however they want. Some people sure must have a lot of them. ... more
- Treadmill. 63 minutes. 9 miles.
Very hilly run. Felt pretty good.
- Gillette Road. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Slow and easy run.
Carleton Athletics: Women's Track and Field: Ruth Steinke Receives a Second Straight MIAC Weekly HonorCarleton College star distance runner Ruth Steinke continued her stellar junior campaign last weekend despite a step-up in competition. Steinke claimed a title in the 3,000-meter run and a runner-up finish in the 800-meter run at the Minnesota State-Mankato Open ... more
Wrapped up a fun comics workshop with ... more
- Irish Loop . 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Chilly (32 degrees) and windy. Easy run plus 4x100 strides.
- Standing Rock. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- Senior Skylar Tsutsui scored a game-high 18 points, but the Carleton College women’s basketball team was undone by turnovers as the Knights suffered a 62-43 setback on the road against Augsburg College.
Carleton Athletics: Men's Basketball: With Five Players in Double Figures, Knights Top Augsburg in OvertimeFive players finished in double figures—paced by Kevin Grow’s double-double—as the Carleton College men’s basketball team secured a 71-65 overtime victory against visiting Augsburg College.
- Renowned composer and pipa master Gao Hong invites the public to an evening of music and storytelling on Saturday, Jan. 31 from 8 to 9 p.m. in the Carleton College Concert Hall. Using the pipa, a pear-shaped traditional Chinese lute, ... more
- At the annual Pan-American Intercollegiate Team Chess Championships of 2014, the Carleton Chess Club came away with a flourish of three awards, having competed against the top schools in the nation. The tournament was held December 27-30, at the Hilton ... more