Here are the first four screen shots from the Afterward to the new ebook edition of ISLAND OF THE MOTHS (art by the pen-wielding bon vivant Neal Skorpen ). These are excerpts from our email correspondence in 2006. As ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: New DIscoveries, With Deeper Research - Editing and Rewriting Cousins at CA 1928 Dinner in West Carrollton...and moreEditing and Rewriting - When learning new connections and mistaken identities........more shall be revealed :-)
One of the important parts of my quest for clarity on family genealogy, is to have accurate information. Over the years since beginning to ... more
- These little guys are just covering the stem of this milkweed plant... Aphids are considered to be a pest. (Look them up on the internet, and the vast majority of the search results will be about aphid control or ... more
The government is currently developing the 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, but took sustainability enthusiasts for a ride when they said sustainability will not be a goal.
- Treadmill. 58 minutes. 8 miles.
Leg felt much better. Slow and easy run.
- Town + Treadmill. 23 minutes. >3 miles.
Right groin/hip sore so cut it short.
- Mud Road / Springville. 45 min. / 22 min. 6 miles / 3 miles.
AM: Extra slow and easy shakeout run. PM: Easy run plus 4x100 strides.
- The problem with stories like this one is that Western reporters are more likely to be in touch with a cultural elite that is more open to Westerners. How much time does New York Times reporter Thomas Erdbrink spend with ... more
- For the second consecutive season, the Carleton Volleyball team went on the road and defeated a nationally-ranked Saint Benedict squad. Lucy Stevens led all participants with 17 kills, while Camille Benson added 39 digs in the match. Carleton was buoyed ... more
- Carleton College's Grace Gilmore had a historic weekend on the golf course, as she became just the fourth player to win back-to-back individual medalist honors in the history of the MIAC Golf Championships. Gilmore won her second-straight title thanks to ... more
Question: How did you come to write this novel?
Answer: I wrote it as a serial for a small bicycle magazine starting August 2001. Given its venue, it had to feature bicycles. Much followed from that need. Much later ... more
- I was working at Pheasant Run Playhouse, west of Chicago on North
Avenue....between freshman and sophomore years at Carleton. Itwas a mob place, so, that's why I figured we got jobs, my brother and I.Oddly, the highest ... more
- I noticed that there were a LOT of woolly bears today, so at one point during my run, I decided to count. The rate of woolly bears was approximately 1 every 20 (running) steps. The one pictured was one ... more
- Yes, I agree...I'd gladly go to an euthanasiacenter if it gives my daughtertax benefits.And, I didn't waste my life, so,I'll gladly move over.
Just don't turn me into food.
- President Buhari has announced that he will be the minister in charge of the bureaucracy that governs the oil industry. He said he'd taken this action to prevent further corruption. Perhaps the campaign to recover money missing from the last ... more