Carleton News: First single from The Counterfactuals' debut album selected as The Current's "Song of the Day"Only two days after the digital release of their debut album, “Minimally Decent People,” Carleton and St. Olaf College “prof rockers” The Counterfactuals are pleased to announce that the first single from the album has been selected as the “Song ... more
I’m trying to figure out why the pitfalls and tragedies of athletes maintain such a magnetism over me—and likely many of you based on the numerous 30 for 30’s about athletes who had it all, only to succumb to ... more
- At least one of the editors at The Economist thinks that democracy has spread because it's been imposed. What do you think?
If I ruled the world: Being in charge is hard work, but it has its perks
Americans would ... more
- The Carleton College men’s basketball team broke the school record for field-goal percentage in a game and had five players in double figures as the Knights picked up a 76-74 road victory over Bethel University. Carleton won its third straight ... more
- Emma Purfeerst recorded her second double-double over the last week and Skylar Tsutsui tallied a game-high 17 points but it was not enough as the Carleton College women’s basketball team fell, 63-57, to first-place Bethel University.
- Here at Carleton, we’ve been finished with Fall Term since right before Thanksgiving. While most of the rest of the academic world frantically writes, administers, and grades finals, we at least have a respite from the daily demands of teaching. ... more
- As long as they are ambient,Because,They've already run the gauntletSo,If they're still alive, they've learnedto survive, tanned by experience,cured like succulent meat.My experience here now of threeolder men in the same ... more
- Senior tight end Brian Frett is the latest Carleton College Knight to be voted to the D3football.com All-Region Team as he was named a third-team selection. This is the seventh consecutive season that at least one Knight was named to ... more
Carleton News: The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Awards St. Olaf and Carleton $1.4 million Collaboration GrantThe Andrew W. Mellon Foundation has awarded Carleton College and St. Olaf College a $1.4 million grant to support increased institutional collaboration. The award funds a four-year project to advance collaboration in library services, information technology, management operations, and academic ... more
- The Counterfactuals, a rock band comprised of three Carleton professors and a professor hailing from nearby St. Olaf College, have released their highly anticipated debut album. Entitled "Minimally Decent People," a digital version of the album is now available for ... more