Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Rugby Tennessee Connection to Weaver and Eicher Families of Ohio Photos 1931-32more
- Standing Rock + Light Road. 53 minutes. 8 miles.
Started at 7 AM. Cool (52 degrees) and breezy. Warm-up 1.5 miles, then 4x100 strides. 4 x 1 mile w/ 60 2.5="" 55.7="" 5:44="" 5:46.9="" 5:46="" 5:48="" 5:49="" a="" avg.="" br="" ... more
- Athletic Fields. 15 minutes. 2 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
It doesn't get much better than this!
- The Carleton College athletic department, coaches, and varsity student-athletes are pleased to announce the 16th Annual "Halloween KNIGHT" Carnival to be held Sunday, Oct. 26 from 3 to 5 p.m.
- This story does not bode well for President Jonathan's anti-corruption camgaign. It does seem to be as incredible as fiction.
It's complicated and Jonathan's party in Congress has blocked debate because it's a "national security" issue, so details are hard ... more
- Gillette Loop + Country Lisbon . 62 minutes. 9 miles.
Cool and breezy. Started at 6:15 AM. Slow first 3 miles, then steady 5 miler in 31:54 (6:33, 6:28, 6:27, 6:12, 6:14), then 1 mile cool-down. Felt pretty good.
- Town Loop. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Slow and easy shakeout run.
- Especially the last sixty years in the USAwhat with the beginning of the UFO coverupin the late forties, which is when the Americangovernment started to lie to it’s people big time,and, it just escalated from ... more
Benedict Cumberbatch is going to play Alan Turing in a movie. I’m not sure how to feel about this. He’s an excellent actor but he looks really weird as Turing.
The real Alan Turing:
Um ... more
- Men's Golf team finishes play at the Twin Cities Classic.
Carleton News: Carleton’s Latino American Heritage Convocation reflects on Columbian and Cuban influences in an exploration of family, language and identityAuthor and columnist Daisy Hernández will present Carleton College’s Latino American Heritage Convocation on Friday, Oct. 3 from 10:50 to 11:50 a.m. in the Skinner Memorial Chapel. Entitled "Feminism, Sofia Vergara, and Writing about Familia: A Talk on Media Representations,” ... more
- Carleton College is pleased to present renowned author and environmentalist Barry Lopez on Thursday, Oct. 2 at 7:30 p.m. in the Boliou Hall Auditorium. Lopez will give a talk entitled “The Writer and Social Responsibility,” followed by a short Q ... more
- Guest lecturer Annegret Fauser of the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, will present “Americana, War & Globalization: Seventy Years of Aaron Copland’s ‘Appalachian Spring’” on Thursday, Oct. 2 from Noon to 1 p.m. in the Music Hall Room 103. ... more
Remember when Vince Carter jumped over the seven-foot French guy? Even if you don’t, you’ve heard about it, and probably seen it no fewer than fifty to a hundred times.
Remember when Kirk Snyder jumped over Von Wafer? Unless ... more