- OK, argiope spiders are pretty awesome whenever you see them... the photo may not convey that the body of this bright yellow spider is about an inch, probably larger -- that's not counting the legs. And the colors and ... more
- The very first of the New England Asters are starting to bloom (though most aren't yet)... I see these, I think fall!The very last of the purple coneflowers are still hanging on, though most are to seed like ... more
- You're welcome.Come again...anytime."Mr. President,does that mean...you want us to fire?""I'm glad you likedthe chow-mien.""No, Sir, we're not inthe submarine right now.""Yes, she does walkrather nicely.""Please go lie ... more
- What were you expecting?
The Spanish Inquisition?(that always stops my mind)What was so special abouttheir Inquisition?What was so bad about theFrenchGermanBali inquisitions?i know, it was because ofMonty Python.Because the ... more
- Political science (as in comparative government and politics) is not history. But sometimes history is a useful backdrop to understanding politics. Here's an example. I offer only bits and pieces of Nathan Vanderklippe's analysis from The Globe and Mail . ... more
- Town. 15 minutes. 2 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- Irish + Henik Loop. 56 minutes. 8 miles.
Mild, humid. Eased into a solid pace. Felt pretty good.
- It's National Dog Day at the Polar Bear Post Card Project -- and thusly the Alaskan Husky, working dog of the far Arctic north, makes an appearance with the requisite bear! Like the polar bear, these animals are uniquely ... more
- Always exciting to see the final cover come together on a new project! And in this case, my first board book with the good folks at Sasquatch's Little Bigfoot imprint. On sale in February 2017 !
- We're all animals,bags of water,we should know betterthan to take ourselvesso seriously.Seriously.I could be writing in asmoke filled jazz clubfor all you know.A young blond womanhelped an older Mexican ... more
- Not everybody is an asshole...look on the bright side...I still care about people...a hangover from the Mahayana...But the Orwellian Twist, tomark Trump as a hater,so that people could hate him,taking five minutes ... more