- The MIAC Indoor Track & Field Championships will be held March 5-7 at Concordia College in Moorhead, Minn.Full event information and team previews can be found by clicking the link above.
Carleton Athletics: Women's Track and Field: Zoe Peterson Captures First Career MIAC Athlete-of-the-Week HonorCarleton College sophomore Zoe Peterson is hitting her stride in the jumping events at the perfect time. Peterson took home a pair of first-place finishes in the long and triple jump on Friday night at the Ole Open Qualifier, setting ... more
Carleton Athletics: Men's Track and Field: Colby Seyferth Runs Away With Final MIAC Indoor Track Athlete-of-the-Week AwardCarleton College senior Colby Seyferth has had an incredible indoor track and field season, and his success continued in a big way during his final outing to prepare for the 2015 MIAC Championships. Seyferth starred at Friday's Ole Open Qualifierwith ... more
- Once again, I have procrastinated about writing things about books I've read. The books have piled up on my desk and my dresser. Why, oh why?
I have no answer.
Diversion: The last I read of Maisie Dobbs, Jacqueline Winspear's ... more
- The Carleton College Women’s Tennis team is no stranger to the national spotlight, earning national rankings in each of the last five years. There is no difference in that this year with the Knights ranked No. 26 in the nation ... more
- Long story, or, poem?I think, poem. He hada statue of Uncle Samon his desk, rolling uphis sleeves, defiant,ready to take on anything.That was my father.That has always been me.
It's late here in Pune and throughout the day I've been meaning to post a little blog entry to wish my brother, Sam, a happy birthday.
It has been almost nine years since Sammy moved on from this life ... more
- Treadmill. 70 minutes. 10 miles.
Easy run. Felt OK.
- Students of U.S. history are familiar with themes of governments like the "New Deal," the "New Frontier," and "Make America Great Again."
Students of Chinese history should become familiar with themes like the "Great Leap Forward," "Three Represents," and now ... more
- Standing Rock. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
While we learned about and visited a large number of places over the past few days, I’m going to use this post to focus on the subject of onshi 御師. The existence of pilgrimage promoters called onshi had been ... more
- [ By WebUrbanist in Architecture & Offices & Commercial . ]
Offering more than a traditional storefront space or conventional shopping website could individually, this hybrid showroom allows shoppers to experiment with different combinations of furnishings and fixtures both physically and virtually. ... more
There once was a beauty named Banerjee,poetess of quite marvelous energy....she felt in her heart the red rose and the startof her love with all of humanity.
- I nailed it. You gotta send it to her.I did exactly what you asked.......sure, I'm drunk, not ready to get into a fight....more ready to get into a write, because, this is the time when ... more
- I wouldn’t be a poetif I never wrote an odeto Beethoven.Yesterday, waiting for a friend,I heard a Mexican orchestrarehearsing the last movementof the fifth symphony…the flutepart and the horn part. I so ... more
- For participants, these meetings are big deals. Are they big deals for citizens and those of us outside of China?
Commentary: China's annual political sessions to unleash growth momentum for global economy
NPC in session
- Treadmill. 63 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm-up 3 miles, then 5 x 1 mile w/ 0.2 mile rest at 6:48 pace (~78 seconds). Miles in 6:00, 5:52, 5:48, 5:46, and 5:40. Felt good.