- The Carleton College swimming and diving teams took part in their first intercollegiate competition of the 2016-17 season as the Knights participated in the UST Relays. Combined, the Knights posted a total of 16 top-four finishes, including a first-place result ... more
- The Carleton College men’s soccer team triumphed, 2-0, over crosstown rival St. Olaf College on Saturday behind spectacular second-half goals from seniors Riley Phelps and Danny Leal.
- It was Senior Day for the Carleton College women’s soccer program, and the Knights celebrated with a 2-0 triumph over crosstown rival St. Olaf College. The Knights received goals from junior Madeline Topf and first-year Nora Mertz and won their ... more
- With possession of the Goat Trophy at stake, crosstown rivals Carleton College and St. Olaf College football teams met for the 97th time in series history. The back-and-forth battle was not resolved until the closing seconds, with the visiting Oles ... more
- On an special day for junior Lucy Stevens (Jr./Portland, Ore./Oregon Episcopal School), who recorded the 1000th kill of her illustrious career, the Carleton College volleyball team dispatched Concordia College in three expeditious sets (25-22, 25-12, 25-17) on Saturday morning at ... more
- NORTHFIELD, Minn. – Sustainability at Carleton was difficult to discover in the locale of West Gymnasium, as the Carleton College volleyball team started fast but eventually faded and succumbed to the powerful play of the College of Saint Benedict in ... more
- There are arguments in the USA over the proper level of taxation, but most Americans have only a vague idea of how taxes in this country compare with taxes in other countries.
Here is how income and national sales taxes ... more
- Short Abbe Hills + Track + Town. 69 minutes. 10 miles.
Chilly (37 degrees), sunny, and nice! Easy 6 mile run plus 4x100 strides. Then 8 x 400 w/ 60 seconds rest: 78, 76, 77, 78, 76, 77, 76, 77 ... more
- #inktober2016 " Squeeze " OK, so I'm thinking polar bear hug here :) By this posting, and through the magic of #inktober inspirations, I'm actually getting ahead of my mailings to the President for the first time all year ... more
- Every time we exhalewe return to the sky.When we inhale, thesky comes into us.That's because I'mlistening to Vangeliswith a banana in myear...."I was listeningto Vangelis and all Igot was this ... more
- " Flight " #inktober2016 The Tundra Swan sets off on its annual journey east to Atlantic states. The #ArcticRefuge is a summer home to many MANY birds and is the autumn origin of four North American Flyways #werarethearctic #inktober ... more
- Am I forgetting anything?I mean, all poetry is justone poem....all music justone song. All art is just onebig shared heart.That's not sentimental;it's hard fact...unless yousay:"Guernica by" Picasso"Lord Of The Flies" ... more
- Commercial St. + Town Loop. 75 minutes. 10 miles.
Extra slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- Standing Rock. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- When I think about a country exercising power beyond its borders, I think of military and economic power. The USA has military bases and 2.5 million "soldiers" all over the world. Russia, China, Finland, Sweden, and Mexico are among the ... more