- Still playing catch-up here from our time away from computers and such: While biking through the Idaho panhandle with a bike full of gear, you begin to truly appreciate the wonder of the bicycle and its unique and fortuitous ... more
- Much like the summer heat isn't much good for the Arctic, my recent summer vacation wasn't much good for the Polar Bear Post Card Project... That being said, after nearly two weeks on the road and being mostly out ... more
- I call it the "smokalo", 'cause Ican smoke there. Center of town,school children, early teens,in uniform, so cheerful and sweet,hugging their friends, how delightful!Ran into old gringo blues player fromChicago. We did our ... more
- In China, judicial restraint sometimes means restraining people subject to the court's jurisdiction. Sometimes it means taking less action than the judges could.
Suppress and support: The Communist Party cracks down on political activists, even as it eases up on ... more
- Desperate, but not despairing...Woulda beena Beat, but the timesdon't allow the luxury of marginalexistence...just getting by tryingto make it in a real way...what theBeats finally did.Desperate at the OK watering hole,corralled by ... more
- Axitlarestaurant surrounded bygorgeous jungle.Omar knows what I want.It never comes out perfect,like life, but close enough.Sound of rainy season river.Town filed on Sunday withMexican tourists.The bus stops here.The buck ... more
- Big guybig mannice mannice heartgood heartbig handsstrong guystrong mangood legsstrong heartkind bodyearth manspace mankind mana kind of...man.Add to his ingredientsand he is soft ... more
- Lisbon. 57 minutes. 8 miles.
Very humid! Relaxed and easy run. Felt pretty good.
- Cedar Valley Nature Trail. 62 minutes. 9 miles.
Warm and very humid! Felt pretty good. Around 6:45 pace for the last 6 miles.
- Cedar Valley Nature Trail. 56 minutes. 8 miles.
Warm and humid. Felt pretty good. Relaxed but decent pace.
- Cedar Valley Nature Trail. 29 minutes. 4 miles.
Hot and sunny! Relaxed, easy pace. Felt OK.
- Day off.
- Irish + Henik Loop. 73 minutes. 10 miles.
Hot and humid! Felt decent. Relaxed and easy pace. [Week: 67 miles]
- Lisbon Kraut Route 5k. 63 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm and humid. Warm-up 3 miles, 4x100 strides. Raced a 5k in 17:08 with splits 5:24, 5:40, 5:30, :34. Placed 1st and felt pretty good. Cool-down 4 miles.
- Today, the skies were filled with black saddlebags dragonflies. At first I noticed a few, and by the afternoon we were literally seeing hundreds of them at a time - they don't perch much so no photo... I know they ... more