- Tom Buchmueller, a respected health economist and member of the Carleton Class of 1985, will discuss the economic implications of the Affordable Care Act in a public presentation on Thursday, April 24 at 4 p.m. in the Gould Library Athenaeum. ... more
- Carleton College will host a birthday party honoring William Shakespeare in commemoration of his 450th birthday with performances, displays, and refreshments on Wednesday, April 23 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Room 172 of the Weitz Center for Creativity. This ... more
- Vanderbilt University professor Joy Calico will discuss “A Survivor from Warsaw,” a work for narrator, men’s chorus, and orchestra, written by the Austrian composer Arnold Schoenberg as a tribute to the Holocaust victims. Calico’s lecture will be held Tuesday, April ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: 1927 Noah Elwood Weaver photos - Buick Camping trip with Paul H and Edna H E Weaver eastmore
- Carleton jumped four spots to 17th in the latest Golf World/WGCA Division III poll. The Knights’ move is the largest in this week’s poll and comes on the heels of Carleton’s impressive T4th finish at the Washington University (St. Louis) ... more
The Warriors won their final game of the season last night, 116-112 against the Denver Nuggets, to move to 51-31 on the season. There was little of note regarding this contest — it featured the second and third units ... more
- Treadmill. 62 minutes. 9 miles.
Relaxed and easy run at 1.0% incline. Felt good.
- Standing Rock. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- Short Abbe Hills + Treadmill. 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Chilly (30s) and windy. Extra slow and easy 6 mile run outside, then 2 miles on the treadmill. Felt a little stiff and tired.
- As the economy and government benefits tighten, can the political leaders maintain their legitimacy?
To save money, Iran ends popular cash payout program
In a bid to cut spending, the Iranian government has ended a massive cash assistance program and ... more
- Despite sending only a small contingent across town to compete at the Manitou Classic, the Carleton College women’s track and field claimed victories in five events at the unscored meet hosted by St. Olaf and attended by a half-dozen schools.
"Children need the freedom and time to play. Play is not a luxury. Play is a necessity." -Kay Redfield Jamison
My students surprise me sometimes, at just how academic their play can be, when they seem so resistant to ... more
how many scales does this have? AphorismDon't look up
down is a lot closer.If I wasn't so drunk...oh,...(minimalist)Babay
Here in Washington D.C., the professional basketball team is heading back to the playoffs for the first time in six years. Their squad consists of youngsters brimming with potential and steely defensive veterans. It is led by a budding ... more
- Thinking about next year's elections in Nigeria might be wishful. If the capacity of the government to maintain law and order continues to diminish, someone(s) offering powerful remedies might win enough crucial support (i.e. military leaders) to replace the regime. ... more