- Day off. Hiking: Carthew-Alderson Trail (10 miles).
- Day off. Hiking: Akapina Falls, Red Rock Canyon, Blakiston Falls (4 miles).
- Day off. Hiking: Virginia Falls Trail (6 miles). [Week: 19 miles]
- Day off. Hiking: Grinnell Glacier Trail (7.5 miles).
- Day off. Hiking: Hidden Lake Trail (3 miles).
- Day off (train to Montana).
- Gillson Park + Wilmette. 47 minutes. 6 miles.
Mild and nice. Easy run with Marie.
- Green Bay Trail. 49 minutes. 7 miles.
Very warm and humid! Workout with Marie. 4 x 1 mile with 60 seconds restL 6:05, 6:10, 6:02, 6:10. Felt OK.
- NW to Green Bay Trail and back. 46 minutes. 6 miles.
Very warm and humid. Easy run with Marie.
- North on Sheridan + Downtown Wilmette. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm, humid. Easy 6 miles with Marie then 4 miles in 28:15. Still a bit sore. [Week: 60 miles]
- South on Lakefront. 62 minutes. 8 miles.
Warm and sunny. Easy run with Marie. A bit sore but not too bad.
- Wilmette Fun Run. 54 minutes. 8 miles.
Warm-up and cool-down 2 miles easy. Mild (60s) and sunny. Placed 4th in 4 mile race in 22:28. Splits: 5:33, 5:33, 5:39, 5:40. Overall felt OK.
- Lisbon. 37 minutes. 5 miles.
Cool, sunny, nice! Easy run plus 4x100 strides. Felt decent.
- The political exchange across the Atlantic continues. (See previous comparisons of Tony Blair and Bill Clinton.)
Why Ed Miliband’s lot are so besotted with Uncle Sam
WHEN opposition leaders visit the American president, folk back in Westminster pay close attention… ... more
- Today's post is from the Things Which Get Lost In The Shuffle Department
Two years ago I composed a piece called Swing Left . It was recorded by the Peter Schmid Quartet at the criminally out-moded Aphrodita Japonica Recording Studio. ... more
- Bing Shui '16 (China), a rising junior majoring in biology, is one of forty undergraduate students accepted into the 2014 Harvard Stem Cell Institute (HSCI) Internship Program, which provides participants with a challenging summer research experience in a cutting-edge stem ... more
I find great pleasure in poetry.
Many people consider it a tease or worse, artsy. Billy Collins writes a couple of very satisfying poems about, "how we want to tie a poem to a chair and beat a confession ... more