- The United States Of America…criminals, that’s all they are,have taken over the country,robbing the world and theirown citizens alike.Worried about a terroristwith a dirty bomb? You’remore likely to be shot ortased ... more
- Today I am thankful for the darkness, the relative darkness, of this day. The gathering low clouds and muggy stillness of the air set today apart from that other September day now thirteen years ago, which (where I was, on ... more
- Two new exhibitions in the Carleton College Perlman Teaching Museum will address the impact of climate change through photography and other new media. Featuring the work of two Carleton alumni, Christina Seely ’98 and Ken Tape ’99, both exhibits explore ... more
- Lisbon + Sutliff + Light. 64 minutes. 9 miles.
Cool (50 degrees), cloudy, and breezy. Felt a little better. Slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- Standing Rock. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- In the light of recent Islamist terrorism (2014), analyst Fareed Zakaria wrote, in the The Washington Post , an op-ed column wondering about his perceptions of terrorism in 2001.
- The Knights out-shot the opposition and nearly found the net multiple times, but the Carleton College men's soccer team was unable to score in a tightly contested loss to the visiting College of St. Scholastica.
Carleton Athletics: Women's Golf: Geraldine Tellbuescher Named MIAC Women's Golf Athlete-of-the-WeekAnother week, another win, another record, and another conference honor for the Carleton women's golf team. This time it was Geraldine Tellbuescher leading her team in an all-around record-setting performance.
- Town Loop. 60 minutes. 8 miles.
Felt sluggish. Slow and easy run.
- Athletic Fields. 22 minutes. 3 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- The simplistic description of parliamentary government says that if the government loses a vote, the government falls. Well, nothing can be that simple. Not all votes are equal. Not all defeats are disastrous.
(BTW, do you know why, in the ... more
- Carleton College defender Madelaine Horn had a breakout week in leading her women's soccer team to a pair of victories. The junior—who had only scored two career goals prior to last week—scored three of her team's four goals and both ... more
Carleton Athletics: Men's Cross Country: Hart Hornor selected as USTFCCCA National Athlete-of-the-WeekCarleton College cross country runner Hart Hornor was selected the U.S. Track and Field & Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) Division III National Athlete-of-the-Week for his fourth-place performance at the Augustana (SD) Twilight Invitational. On Tuesday, he was also tabbed ... more