- Richard Fausset, writing in the Los Angeles Times , offers an evaluation of the first year of Peña Nieto's presidency.
After president's first year, Mexico still a mess by many measures
To President Enrique Peña Nieto's supporters, his first year ... more
Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela.
Monday: Golden State Warriors at Charlotte Bobcats (4:00 PM PST on League Pass)
We’re getting the Homer Game out of the way early this week; an afternoon slugfest between my beloved Golden State Warriors ... more
- A while back I mentioned that I was going to do a TEDx Talk about my experience living with an anxiety disorder and its associated panic attacks. Well the event happened, I survived it and managed to pull off a ... more
- My phone said the temperature was 35 degrees as I was preparing for my run in Prospect Park yesterday, so I dressed in my usual cold-weather running gear: my thickest running socks, tights, a camisole, a running top that zipped ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Andrew Cameron Macrorie from Ayrshire and his family tree legacy in the Heartland - Midwest of the US of A
Here is the only photo I have for Andrew Cameron MACRORIE. So far I have learned that he emigrated from Scotland, Ayrshire in 1859, with one birthday listed as 17 Jul 1850. I have found an Andrew Macrorie ... more
- Milana Socha’s victory in the 100-yard freestyle highlighted the action on day two of the Jane Freeman Invitational hosted by the University of Minnesota.
Carleton Athletics: Men's Swimming and Diving: Knights Complete Competition at Jean Freeman Invitationalhe relays were among the top finishers for the Carleton College swimming team on day two at the University of Minnesota’s Jean Freeman Invitational. The Knights once again raced against Division I schools, Minnesota and South Dakota State University as ... more
- Mitchell Biewen scored 17 of his game-high 19 points in the second half as the Carleton College men’s basketball team erased a 12-point second-half deficit en route to its first victory of the season, a 72-68 triumph over Hamline University.
- Emma Purfeerst was 11-of-13 from the field as she poured in a game-high and career-best 27 points along with 12 rebounds in leading the Carleton College women’s basketball team to a 84-73 victory over visiting Hamline University. Gabbi Stienstra added ... more
- The Carleton College men’s swimming and diving team returned to competition on Friday, taking part in the Jean Freeman Invitational held at the University of Minnesota’s Aquatic Center. It was the Knights' first meet in four weeks.
- After nearly a month away from competition, the Carleton College women’s swimming and diving team hit the water Friday night at the Jean Freeman Invitational hosted by the University of Minnesota.
- My Krispy Kreme was cold today;It wasn't fresh and hot.They sometimes come right off the line,But these, today, did not.I don't know why it happened thus;Or if it was a jokeUpon this day ... more