- Town Loop + Treadmill. 57 minutes. 8 miles.
Mild and nice again. Slow 4 miler in 30 flat, then 4 miles on treadmill 27 mid. Felt better.
- Lisbon + Sutliff + Light. 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Mild and nice. Felt sluggish. Slow and easy run.
Adler-Olsen's whole name is Carl Valdemar Jussi Henry Adler-Olsen. An online biography notes that he grew ... more
Some interesting excerpts from Yasaka Takagi, ed., The Late Dr. Inazo Nitobe’s Unfinished Translation of Lao-Tzu and the Kojiki (Tokyo: Institute for Comparative Studies of Culture, 1963). The Lao-Tzu translation is not very remarkable except for a surprising cross-reference ... more
- China's venture at using soft power to expand its influence is running into some resistance from those who don't see the efforts as "soft power."
TDSB votes to delay partnership with Beijing-backed Confucius Institute
Trustees of the Toronto District School ... more
- Nigeria seems unable to produce electricity. Public utilities, subsidies to government agencies and private corporations have done little to make things better. Timi Soleye, a business consultant, offers this explanation.
However good and interesting it is, I have two problems ... more
- Ink Road. 56 minutes. 8 miles.
Warm, humid, wet, and windy. Slow 3 miles in 23 flat, then 4 miles steady in 25:50, then 1 mile cool-down. Felt pretty good.
- Treadmill. 55 minutes. 8 miles.
Easy run down to 6:48 pace. Felt OK.
- On Tuesday, September 9, Carleton College welcomes the Class of 2018 to campus. There are 526 students in the class, selected from a pool of 6,296 applicants. The students represent 47 states and 19 countries, with 70 students coming from ... more
- Let’s face it, folks, it’s time…turn off whatever channel you’re on.Really, that’s all I have to say.That’s all you need to see.We thought the complicationsdelightful…all the choices…the markets…the crisp packaging…too much sugar, ... more