- Due to flood damage sustained at Laird Stadium, the Carleton College football team is moving its Homecoming game on Saturday, Oct. 1 to Northfield High School. The contest versus Hamline University will still have a 1 p.m. kickoff.
- Town + Athletics Fields. 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Cool (low 50s), sunny, and breezy. Slow and easy pace plus 8x100 strides.
- Grant Wood Trail. 90 minutes. 13 miles.
Mild, wet, and humid. Started slow but eased into a decent pace. Felt pretty good. [Week: 73 miles]
- A younger generation taking control from the Blairite Labour leaders
Jeremy Corbyn Is Re-elected as Leader of Britain’s Labour Party
Jeremy Corbyn strengthened his grip on Britain’s opposition Labour Party on Saturday, beating back a challenge to his leadership by ... more
- Ayumi Sakamoto, Alyssa Akiyama tie for fourth, short-handed Carleton finishes second by a single shot at the College City Challenge.
- The Carleton College men’s golf team defeated Macalester College, 6-3, in a modified match play format as the teams squared off at Highland National Golf Course. Led by co-captain Perry Strong’s score of four-under-par on the final seven holes, the ... more
- Ziyi Wang fired an even par on the inward nine holes, ending the College City Challenge's first round at four-over par 77. She leads three Knights in the top 11, with the team one shot back of St. Thomas in ... more
- The Carleton Knights got off to another strong start today against the Blazers of the College of St Benedicts. Carleton outshot St Bens 12-5 in the first half. But the Knights were unable to finish the game and lost 2-1.
- The Carleton College football team travelled to Minneapolis to take on the Augsburg College Auggies, who never trailed in the game on their way to a 49-17 win over the Knights.
- The Carleton College men’s soccer team fell to St John’s University (2-3-3, 1-1-1 in MIAC) in heartbreaking fashion Saturday, dropping the away clash 3-2 in the first period of overtime.
- Town Loop. 57 minutes. 8 miles.
Mild and humid. Relaxed and easy pace.
- Coffee, at the computer, slightlyhigh, messy desk, prepared forthe end."Jar of Flies", continuity of mood,smoke rising, words emerge, whyis not a good question.Ready to slip-slide through theapocalypse if it happens soon,bored ... more
- We all knew he was the Buddha. Wedidn't know what the Buddha was, whathe would be like in person, but what cameout of his mouth seemed to be the purest,most digestible truth, and we knew ... more
- These two marine mammals would never meet in the wild, but today the Honorable Senator Bill Nelson (FL) became the 37th member of the Senate to sign to a Bill to protect the Arctic Refuge on Alaska's coastal plain. ... more
- NORTHFIELD – Despite the swirling waters of the Cannon River rushing up to West Gymnasium’s walls, a MIAC volleyball matchup between the Carleton College volleyball team (9-2, 1-1 MIAC) and Augsburg College lit up the court as the Knights succumbed ... more