Carleton News: Convocation profiles the Dialogue Arts Project, using creative writing and art to generate dialogue about social identity and differenceAdam Falkner, founder and executive director of the Dialogue Arts Project (DAP), will present Carleton College’s weekly convocation on Friday, Jan. 30 from 10:50 to 11:50 a.m. in the Skinner Memorial Chapel. Entitled “How Can Writing Change the World,” Falkner’s ... more
- Two of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference's (MIAC) four core values are Quality Athletics and Academics and, Thursday, the conference celebrated those tenets with the announcement of the 2014 Fall Academic All-Conference team. The Knights had 38 athletes across 6 ... more
It’s January in the Bay Area, and every day is perfect; nearly an exact replica of the day that immediately preceded it. The month doesn’t matter. The day is irrelevant, since the proceedings are roughly uniform across the spectrum. The ... more
- Mostly for teacher background.
The difference doesn't matter to the delegitimization of the Nigerian government, but it does matter to policy makers figuring out how to combat terrorism.
This op-ed piece is from The Monkey Cage in the Washington Post ... more
- Treadmill. 62 minutes. 9 miles.
Easy run. Felt fine. Kept incline at 1.0% and gradually got pace down to 6:48.
- The Carleton College men’s basketball team saw it’s season-best three-game win streak halted with a 58-48 setback on the road against Concordia College. After holding a one-point lead at halftime, the Knights saw the Cobbers open the second stanza on ... more
- The Carleton College women’s basketball team made the journey across the state to face Concordia College, but the Knights were unable to snap their recent slide and absorbed a 68-38 defeat.
- The Carleton College track and field programs opened their indoor seasons with matching team victories at the Carleton Triangular last Friday. The trio of seniors Colby Seyferth and Evan McNeil along with junior Ruth Steinke started off the year with ... more
- Steve Schier, Dorothy H. and Edward C. Congdon Professor of Political Science, was quoted by USA Today in its analysis of President Obama's January 2015 State of the Union address. "He may be in a situation where he has a ... more
- 1952 Photos from Peg and Pete Weaver album..
With the passing of my brother John Eicher Weaver, this past year, I am finding it important to label the photos my parents preserved in their family album and share some ... more