- Damali Britton broke her own school record in the triple jump with a measurement of 11.07 meters (36 feet, 4 inches) at the Ted Nelson Classic hosted by Minnesota State-Mankato. The Carleton College women’s track and field team challenged itself ... more
Carleton Athletics: Women's Swimming and Diving: Knights Conclude Regular Season at Minnesota ChallengeMaria Wetzel turned in two of the five top-10 results for the Carleton College women’s swimming and diving team on day two of the Minnesota Challenge. Wetzel placed eighth in the 200-yard freestyle and was the runner-up in the 200-yard ... more
- Wilson Josephson turned in the top individual performance for the Carleton College men’s swimming and diving team on day two of the Minnesota Challenge. The senior was second overall in the 200-yard butterfly with his season-best mark of 1:57.57.
- Nnenna Ezem poured in a game-high 16 points and Michele Arima added a 15-point effort for the Knights, but a sluggish start to the second half cost the Carleton College women’s basketball team in its 62-48 loss at the hands ... more
- The Carleton College men’s basketball erased a 17-point deficit but was unable to hold off rival St. Olaf College in dropping a 68-59 decision. Beau Smit led all scorers with 17 points, aided by a 5-for-5 start behind the arc.
I am teaching our junior quantum mechanics out of Townsend’s book, which starts with Dirac notation and spin states, and when it lands in the position representation the students still haven’t made the full connection to the material they ... more
- It was our September trip to Kaktovik that started this project. And it's still there. Barter Island and Kaktovik, Alaska. On the edge of the Beaufort Sea. Due east of Prudhoe Bay and the epicenter of oil development on ... more
- Great sunny day...Carnival about to go crazy...(several people die each year)......nice chili relleno, coq au vin later...putting on weight because of the M&Ms...arranchera marinating in the fridge fortomorrows fiesta.I'll miss the Superbowl; ... more
- The Carleton College women’s tennis team made it three straight victories to start the year as the Knights posted a convincing 9-0 triumph over St. Cloud State University, a NCAA Division II program.
- Seniors Stephen Grinich, Wilson Josephson, and George McAneny along with first-year Karl Schwarzkopf turned in the biggest highlight for the Carleton College men’s swimming and diving team on day one of the Minnesota Challenge. The quartet won the opening event ... more
Carleton Athletics: Women's Swimming and Diving: Knights Face Stiff Competition at Minnesota ChallengeThe Carleton College women’s swimming and diving team saw some of its competition so far this season as the Knights competed at the Minnesota Challenge, a two-day competition held at the University of Minnesota Aquatics Center. This meet serves as ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Detailed accounts from Miami & Jefferson Townships - West Carrollton - Miamisburg -Ellerton, rural Montgomery CO OHIO 1909 -1916
- Abbe Hills Loop . 67 minutes. 10 miles.
Cold (25 degrees), cloudy, calm. Fartlek workout with quick segments of 5-5-3-3-1-1 minutes with 2 minutes easy in between. Felt pretty good.
- Town Loop . 22 minutes. 3 miles.
Easy shakeout run. Felt fine.
- Big Dipper Loop . 51 minutes. 7 miles.
Cold (24 degrees) and breezy. Slow and easy run. Felt OK.
- Nigeria is threatened by violence all over the country. In the southeast, Biafran terrorists fight against the destruction of the environment and corruption ; in the Middle Belt, mobile populations fight over scarce resources; in the northeast, Boko Haram terrorizes ... more