- There's a phrase you don't hearanymore...like "progress", ananachronistic term for theanthem of an era... describinghope for a materialist Eden inthe sequined rat race ofendless segue into the next fad...the billboard on the ... more
- I know a professor of comparative politics who thinks that this sub-discipline of political science is too complex for an AP course and too difficult for high school students.
This article probably presents a case study to support his opinions ... more
- Lisbon. 36 minutes. 5 miles.
Mild, light rain. Easy run. Felt OK. [Week: 32 miles]
- Short Abbe Hills Loop. 46 minutes. 6 miles.
Mild and nice! Slow and easy run. Felt OK.
- Treadmill. 35 minutes. 5 miles.
AM: Easy run on the treadmill. Felt good! PM: Elliptical 60 minutes steady.
- In the rich neighborhoods and malls of Iran's largest cities, the frustration of having money but little to buy is showing.
And, what, you ask, does that have to do with government and politics? Think sanctions, cleavages and the political ... more
- Treadmill. 28 minutes. 4 miles.
AM: Easy run. Hip felt fine during run. PM: Elliptical 50 minutes steady, then bike 10 minutes (1 min easy/1 min hard).
- All that oil income? How can the nation be broke?
I Met Huge Debts, "Virtually Empty Treasury" - Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has painted a gloomy picture of the Nigeria his new government is battling to reshape, saying he met ... more
- For the sake of remembering, I thought I'd record my top ten memories from my 5-year reunion. But first I'm going to list the bottom four:
- Three people who were a huge part of my Carleton experience were not there ... more
- There is no such thing as a "simple" puncture wound. Since Red's May 30th injury, things have gone from bad to worse. I had a nice, long, descriptive post written. I was just getting ready to add the photos. And ... more
- Town Loop. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
AM: Easy run. Hip a little bit more tender today. PM: Elliptical 50 minutes steady, then bike 10 minutes with 1 min easy/1 min hard.