- Abbe Hills Loop. 52 minutes. 7 miles.
Warm, wet, and very humid! Slow and easy run plus 4x100 strides.
- Plant Profile: Rough BlazingstarRough blazingstar ( Liatris aspera)* are distinguished from prairie blazingstar, by me, at least, because the composite flowers are arranged in very distinct clusters that look like individual pompoms sticking off of the stem. (This ... more
- I have six books piled on the corner of my desk that I intend to write about. But this one had to go back to the library a couple days ago.
I made a quick stop at Northfield's library to ... more
- Plant Profile: Stiff GoldenrodStiff goldenrod is in peak bloom in the prairies, along with many of its weedy and less desirable goldenrod cousins. The flowers differ in arrangement from other goldenrods, with flat-topped clusters of flowers. They flowers ... more
- The truth is always positive. If the truthexposes something negative, that is apositive effect of the truth.Some people think Mr. Trump is thesame as Hitler. Certainly it's true theydidn't come up with this idea ... more
- Big Dipper. 55 minutes. 8 miles.
Mild and nice. Easy run with some pick-ups along the way. Felt pretty good.
- Henik + Wilcox. 57 minutes. 8 miles.
Relaxed and easy run. Felt a little tired and sore.
- Solon-Lake MacBride. 69 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild and nice! Relaxed but decent pace. Felt a little tired. [Week: 47 miles]
- Ink Road. 55 minutes. 8 miles.
Easy run with 3 miles at 6:27, 6:23, 6:17. Felt pretty good.
- While participating just a wee bit in some post-vacation back-to-school shopping, I did spend at least a little time sitting in a chair near the dressing room to draw this lovely little bear trying out a new dress. My ... more