- OK, I've been remiss as a blogger and, to a lesser extent, as a phenologist. I have all sorts of excuses, though they all boil down to one, really... I've been on school trips. This means that a lot ... more
- It took a long timeto get here...flowers on the table,waiting for hamburgerand fries...waiting for the rain...waiting to meet theinevitable traveler...inevitable sky bombsof celebration,predictable yetsurprising...thisaccidental paradiseI never ... more
- Ink Road + Abbe Hills. 67 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm (70 degrees) and windy! Warm-up 3 miles plus strides. Then 6 x 1 mile with 60 seconds rest. Very tough in the wind, so I slowed it down a good ... more
- Treadmill. 36 minutes. 5 miles.
Easy run. Felt good. [Week: 74 miles]
- Mud Road. 38 minutes. 5 miles.
Extra slow and easy run. Felt sluggish.
- Town + Green Ridge Loop. 78 minutes. 11 miles.
Warm and sunny. Easy run. Felt fine.
- Town + Track. 69 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm-up 4 miles, then 6x100 strides. Mini tempo run with splits: 5:59, 5:57, 5:52, 5:39 (23:28), then 4 x 200 with 200 jog: 34, 33, 33, 32, then cool-down. Felt pretty good!
Presented at the 2016 Venice Architecture Bienalle, these new communities are designed to be entirely self-reliant, recycling their own waste, generating their own energy and producing their own food. Urban, suburban and rural strategies are combined in fresh ways ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Eicher Family and Miamisburg Lutheran Church 1922 Sept or Memorial Day ?- Hillgrove Cemetery
- I'm sorry,it's all a big mythtake;the Christian Church,(with all the churchlets)Islam, Hinduism, anythingyou'd call religion. Theyeven mistake Buddhismfor a religion...it's not.Fascism, Communism,Democracy, any other ism,trying to organize too many ... more
- Two members of the Carleton College women’s track and field team traveled to Wisconsin to compete at the NCAA Qualifier last chance meet hosted by UW-La Crosse. Reilly Simon broke the school record in the 400-meter dash and looks to ... more
Kelly O'Brien '12: "But craning your head back, you could see the day’s blue darken halfway across the sky, and to..."“But craning your head back, you could see the day’s blue darken halfway across the sky, and to the west, the night remained yet unconquered—pitch black, stars in full glimmer, the full moon still pinned in the sky. To the east, ... more
- Country Lisbon. 43 minutes. 6 miles.
Warm and sunny. Relaxed, easy run. Felt pretty good.