- Light and fluffy,Mostly round,Worth its weight,Pound for pound;Donuts are theBest I’ve foundFor eating on a Friday.It’s not as thoughThey're fancy foodOr subtle; donutsAin't subdued.Some might, in fact,Just ... more
- Listening to her voiceno matter who’s behind itI’d marry that voiceIf the voice intoxicatesyou must not litigate.Imagine jumping offa bridge….no, that’swrong, shouldn’t be inthis poem, but, I’m notgoing to take ... more
- Town + Lisbon. 54 minutes. 8 miles.
Warm and very humid! Easy 4 miles in 28:40, then 2 miles uptempo in 11:40 (5:54, 5:46), then 2 miles in 14:13. Felt pretty good.
- - your computer
- your left ear
- your dreams
- shag carpeting
- most of Bob Dylan
- Antonio. If the Coke bottle wants you to share with Antonio, don't! If Antonio begs, still do not share with him. ... more
- Conservatives "slap the hand" of the Iranian president. He doesn't seem too concerned.
Minister Seen as Pro-Western Is Ousted in Rebuke to the President
Parliament dismissed Iran’s science minister on Wednesday over his supposed support for pro-Western voices at universities, ... more
- When I was a junior in high schoolI had a friend, Jamie Edlin, a JewishFox, she was a senior, and we justconnected intellectually personally,you know….she was a good friend.I visited her in Ladue neighborhood ... more
- Short Abbe Hills Loop. 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Warm and very humid! Extra slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- I was walking down a side street in Danskwith a friend. The morning was crisp,cold and clear. We had just concluded aconversation about metaphysics, and werejust walking. Sound became prominent aswe walked in silence, ... more
- My students have heard me say many times that comparative politics is not history; it's an analysis of what's going on now. Then they'll hear me explain the historic origins of some bit of political culture or practice. As I ... more
I’m probably out in the field wielding a shotgun microphone at something noisy right now, so It’s unlikely I’ve had a whole lot of time to update my blog/website/catch-all for my work. But feel free to browse. In ... more
- I had that experience
at Elgin Academy,my senior year, so, probably1967, in the senior loungeafter lunch. I was readingHuston Smith’s “The ReligionsOf Man”, and, I believe I wasreading about Hinduism…..onemoment…..the next I ... more
- Solon-Lake MacBride Trail. 69 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild and humid. Out in 36, back in 33:20. Felt pretty good again.