- Town Loop. 58 minutes. 8 miles.
Chilly (25 degrees) and breezy. Relaxed and easy run. Felt OK.
- Treadmill. 58 minutes. 9 miles.
Warm-up 4 miles in 27:40, then 2 miles quick in 11:47, then 1/2 mile easy in 3:19, then 1 mile quick in 5:50, then 1.5 mile cool-down. Felt pretty good.
- Lisbon. 45 minutes. 6 miles.
Easy run plus 4x100 strides.
- Televised debates between electoral candidates have been going on in the US for 50 years. The first televised debates in the UK took place in 2010. The results were not to everyone's liking. Thus there is a lot of shuffling ... more
- Composer Arthur Jarvinen was born on January 27, 1956. Today would have been his 59th birthday. Each year I try to remember Art on his birthday with a Mixed Meters post.
This year I'd like to highlight a concert by ... more
It was a dry dusting of fresh snow over dry pavement. Not at all slippery.
- I never took it…I always wanted to.Now would be the perfect time in mylife….nohing much left to waste.Those poor folks with dementia,Alzenheimers, wasted and noteven a bit of fun, a bit of relief.Would ... more
- I met someone…twenty two…forty years ago, we would havebeen in bed in half an hour.
- Town Loop. 40 minutes. 5 miles.
Very icy and snowy! Slow and easy run.
(Good afternoon! My name is Corbin. I write Games of the Week. That’s my name right there. This week, so I could spend as much time as I can watching and blogging about precious, precious basketball, I am mashing ... more
- Nigerian Voters Look to Ex-Leader Who Ruled With Iron Hand to Loosen Militants’ Grip
With Nigeria’s presidential election only weeks away, Boko Haram’s unchecked rampaging here in the country’s north is helping to propel the 72-year-old general, Muhammadu Buhari, ... more
- The Nigerian president, running for reelection doesn't want to remind people of the failures of his government in combating Boko Haram. Will his rival bring up the issue?
[I have twice read that this presidential race is very hotly contested, ... more
- Most of the terrorism and warfare in Nigeria has been in rural areas and small towns — until now.
Boko Haram Attacks Major Nigerian City in a Sustained Assault
Maiduguri, the major city in Nigeria’s northeast, came under sustained attack ... more
- Treadmill. 70 minutes. 10 miles.
Hilly run. Felt pretty good. [Week: 60 miles]
- Treadmill. 56 minutes. 8 miles.
Easy run at 6 AM. Felt OK.
- Town + Country Lisbon. 63 minutes. 9 miles.
Chilly and nice. Relaxed and easy run. Felt pretty good.