- There's no word that describes
between shallow and deep.
- Town + Country Lisbon. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Chilly (35 degrees), sunny, and nice. Started at 5:45 AM. Relaxed and easy run. Felt pretty good.
- Town Loop. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
Carleton Athletics: Baseball: Game one slips away, but Knights bounce back for split at Saint Mary’sAfter watching a three-run lead evaporate in the final inning of a 9-8, game one loss, the Carleton College baseball team was able to shake off the setback and rebound for a 4-3 triumph in game two. Sophomore Hayden Tsutsui ... more
Carleton Athletics: Softball: Knights ride stellar performances by Keelin Davis and Jenny Ramey to sweep of St. OlafThe Carleton College softball team snapped its losing streak with a pair of victories over cross-town rival St. Olaf College, topping the Oles, 1-0 and 9-2. Sophomore Keelin Davis twirled a gem in game one, while senior Jenny Ramey became ... more
It's a question that's been on the minds of many people. The editors of Leadership ("Nigeria's most influential newspaper") now make their case. Do they cover all the bases described in your textbook? (The editors are not political scientists, ... more
- Tom Buchmueller, a respected health economist and member of the Carleton Class of 1985, will discuss the economic implications of the Affordable Care Act in a public presentation on Thursday, April 24 at 4 p.m. in the Gould Library Athenaeum. ... more
- Carleton College will host a birthday party honoring William Shakespeare in commemoration of his 450th birthday with performances, displays, and refreshments on Wednesday, April 23 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Room 172 of the Weitz Center for Creativity. This ... more
- Vanderbilt University professor Joy Calico will discuss “A Survivor from Warsaw,” a work for narrator, men’s chorus, and orchestra, written by the Austrian composer Arnold Schoenberg as a tribute to the Holocaust victims. Calico’s lecture will be held Tuesday, April ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: 1927 Noah Elwood Weaver photos - Buick Camping trip with Paul H and Edna H E Weaver - National Hiway PA, MD - New York - Canada Niagara Falls
In reviewing an album of Noah Elwood Weaver, prior to archiving it in Ohio for future generations of researchers, I am discerning who is in the photos and the chronology as best I can. There are very few labels ... more
- Carleton jumped four spots to 17th in the latest Golf World/WGCA Division III poll. The Knights’ move is the largest in this week’s poll and comes on the heels of Carleton’s impressive T4th finish at the Washington University (St. Louis) ... more
The Warriors won their final game of the season last night, 116-112 against the Denver Nuggets, to move to 51-31 on the season. There was little of note regarding this contest — it featured the second and third units ... more
- Treadmill. 62 minutes. 9 miles.
Relaxed and easy run at 1.0% incline. Felt good.
- Standing Rock. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- Short Abbe Hills + Treadmill. 59 minutes. 8 miles.
Chilly (30s) and windy. Extra slow and easy 6 mile run outside, then 2 miles on the treadmill. Felt a little stiff and tired.
- As the economy and government benefits tighten, can the political leaders maintain their legitimacy?
To save money, Iran ends popular cash payout program
In a bid to cut spending, the Iranian government has ended a massive cash assistance program and ... more