- Most folks, anymore, can't walkand chew gum at the same time,unless someone tells them to."Sheeple" is an honorific term forthose who could, possibly, wakeup, though even that is becomingan anachronismIn Japan, they ... more
- Treadmill. 75 minutes. 11 miles.
Started slowly but eased into a solid pace. Ran 6:39 to 6:45 pace for the last half of the run. Felt pretty good. [Week: 80 miles]
- Paper Trail in Appleton + Lake Breeze Golf Course. 95 minutes. 13 miles.
AM1: Chilly (27 degrees) and breezy again. Relaxed and easy 9 mile run. AM2: Warm-up and cool-down at the course.
- Paper Trail in Appleton + Lake Breeze Golf Course. 81 minutes. 11 miles.
AM1: Cold (25 degrees) and breezy. Relaxed and easy 9 mile run in 66 minutes. Felt OK. AM2: Easy 2 mile run with Abrah and Sam plus ... more
- In the novel 1984 , George Orwell wrote, "Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past."
As you study the political culture of China, remember that the paragraph (or so) in your text book ... more
- The object of my writing has changed inthe last month. A causal factor might bethat I stopped drinking after fifty years, andstopped smoking pot...both at the samemoment, overnight. How and why thishappened aren't important ... more
- A few more details on our first big winter storm of the fall. Everyone seemed really excited on Friday, as the forecasts predicted lot of snow... so much so that I was certain it was going to be a ... more
The hard data seems to indicate that there has been a competency shift in the NBA; a perceptible alteration in the balance of power between the coasts. Going into Monday, the Eastern conference — long derided for its inadequacy ... more
Carleton Athletics: Men's Cross Country: Hart Hornor Earns All-America Status at NCAA Championships; Jonah Barry Places 41stSeniors Hart Hornor and Jonah Barry capped their final season’s racing for the Carleton College men’s cross country team with impressive races at the NCAA Championships. Hornor finished seventh out of 280 runners with a time of 24:33.0 and earned ... more
Carleton Athletics: Women's Cross Country: Knights 17th at NCAA Championships as Ruth Steinke Grabs Another All-America AwardRuth Steinke senior placed fifth at the NCAA Division III Cross Country Championships and repeated as an All-American. She became just the second runner in the history of Carleton College women’s cross country to earn multiple All-America awards. Today, she ... more
- Just being among them in the malls,Can't help taking in the stink of stale minds.In the crowd of look alikes, Branded andMoisturized, the sameness rubs off.Lulled into dull comfort of belonging,Intoxication of stupidity, Lotus ... more
- In buddhism there's a term :"idiot compassion", which referes toacting in a compassionate way ina situation where by the action that isperformed actually causes harmto the person or group that performsthat action. Such ... more
- Usually when he falls or slips, he bangs the rock wall and gets angry red face. The wonderful thing is that by the time he's on the ground he's same friendly guy he was earlier when his belayer told him ... more