- A combination of wealth and intention have led to China's role as a major world power.
China’s Global Ambitions, With Loans and Strings Attached
Where the Andean foothills dip into the Amazon jungle, nearly 1,000 Chinese engineers and workers have ... more
- Colorful ClothesI wear colorful clothes asmuch as possible. It's one offew ways one can broadcastone does not take the wholething too seriously in a non-aggressive way. One couldwalk around naked, or, blow ... more
- Summer reading programs with the regional library took me to the banks of the Columbia River this past week -- with visits to Brewster and Bridgeport, WA. I've got several more library HEROES still waiting in the wings for ... more
- Like a lot of Brits, those of us who have watched Commons for years have become inured to the eccentricities of MPs' behaviors. Newcomers bring a new persective.
Mhairi Black criticises Westminster's 'silly traditions'
Westminster must decide whether it is ... more
- Fantastic, fascinating,this dream called life
once the overdream,
the overlay, the web
of thought that tries
to snare reality, in vain,
has been swept away.
- Town + HS Track. 54 minutes. 8 miles.
Warm, sunny, and nice. Warm-up and cool-down 2 miles each. 4 x 1600 w/ 30 sec rest in 6:01, 5:57, 5:54, 5:55. Felt pretty good.
- The last time I left Hawaii, at age 7, I was on a 32-foot sailboat with my father at the helm and the rest of the family— my sisters, age 5 and 10, and my mother, a few years older ... more
- The only purpose for belief
is to ignore the truth.
- Town + Pospisil Loop. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild and nice. Felt sluggish and tired. Slow and easy pace.