- Dwelling in that man’s mindis as if your heart was anopen sore. Life in situ, beforecorrupted by education. It dugitself out of everydaddy life…his parents left him to discover.Beefheart flourished in Mojave.The ... more
- Wondering about what you should do with your life is
ignoring that you are already doing something with it.
- It’s all going down the drain…you can hear it in the music,the swirling repeating idioms….elevator music for the apocalypse…whenever there is a lullin the bombing.“The faster we go, the rounder we get.”That ... more
- No, you have to explain to me,I don’t have an answer. I haveto see that you don’t have oneeither.
- Lisbon. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Mild, nice. Out in 15:43, back in 14:20. Felt OK.
- How’s your life, your freedom?Still looking for it, waiting for it,planning for it, preoccupiedwith it?Can you project how much timein your life you will remain a slave?Do you think you really have a ... more
- This op-ed essay about the vote for Scottish independence is worth the time it takes to sort out the analysis (that includes references to Thomas Hobbes).
BTW, does writer Neil Irwin properly use the terms nation, state, country, government, and ... more
- The Carleton football team scored its first victory of the season Saturday with a 40-14 win over Knox, and the leg of kicker Brandt Davis was a big factor in the victory. The Knights sophomore sent all six of his ... more
- Junior Camille Benson continued her hot streak at last weekend's ACM Tournament with 75 digs and 15 services aces in the four wins. She picked up her second-straight MIAC Volleyball Setter/Libero-of-the-Week award.
- Hudlin Wagner, vice president for student development and dean of students at Carleton College, has announced her retirement, effective at the end of the 2014-15 school year. Wagner, who arrived at Carleton as associate dean of students in 1990, has ... more
Novoye Chaplino, Russia — Olga Letykai took the stage this summer in her usual performance attire, dressed from head to toe in seal skin, white fur at her cuffs, beaded headband on her forehead, traditional markings on her face. ... more
- Town Loop. 60 minutes. 8 miles.
Slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- Solon-Lake MacBride Trail. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run. [Week: 71 miles]
- Scobey + Pospisil. 57 minutes. 8 miles.
Cool (45 degrees) and nice. Easy run. Felt OK.
- Treadmill + Oakland Acres. 42 minutes. 6 miles.
Easy 5 miler at 5:00 AM, then lots of running around the course at Grinnell.
Several weeks ago, I started to notice these cute little clown cars parked in my neighborhood:
They’re from Car2Go, a company that offers something like a self-serve taxi service. You hop into one of these cars, wherever you find ... more
- Grace Gilmore fired a final-round 76, rolling in an eagle putt on the final hole to punctuate her second collegiate victory in leading Carleton to a 10-shot victory at its own D3 Classic. Gilmore played the final nine holes in ... more