- Ink Road. 68 minutes. 10 miles.
Easy run with middle 4 miles steady in 25:11 (6:12, 6:14, 6:27, 6:18). Felt pretty good.
- Treadmill. 29 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy run in 29:05. Felt fine.
- Henik Road. 49 minutes. 7 miles.
Easy run plus 8x100 strides. Felt OK.
- Yesterday I sent my 151st Polar Bear Post Card to President Obama. It seemed like a fine time to reaffirm my commitment to the project... and to promise that I'll keep sending them until January 20th, 2017. And so ... more
- After LifeAfter the word, the beginning,came life, after life, after life.as if, if we just kept trying,sooner or later,we'd get it right.Don't you get it yet?The ones that get it rightdon't ... more
- Pronunciation: \-ˈmi-tənt\
Etymology: Latin intermittent-, intermittens, present participle of intermittere Date: 1601
coming and going at intervals : not continuous ; also : occasional —
Source: Mirriam-Webster Online Dictionary http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Intermittent Retrieved 15 May 2015
Postings here ... more
- Three members of the Carleton College softball team achieved All-MIAC status following the 2016 season. Sophomore catcher/infielder Molly Steinberg garnered her first All-MIAC selection and was joined on the all-conference team by first-year outfielder Anna Lauko. Sophomore infielder Corrie Lucchesi ... more
- Imagine a sub-adult polar bear cub... Born in perhaps November or December of 2014, this young bear has just emerged from his winter den for the second time. He will spend the next several months fine tuning his ... more
- Bruce Jenner=>Wheaties Box CoverCaitlyn Jenner=>"Sex Change Regrets"=>Fruit Loops?
The only thing Bruce wanted to "change"
was not being famous and rich anymore.
The Huff Post article says Caitlyn is proud she has raised awareness ... more
- You're not getting anywhere...you might survive a while...experience some pleasure...a tropical beach long enoughfor a few photos and backto the grind.You may get to retirementand not remember whatlife was for.You ... more
- Town + Short Abbe Hills. 75 minutes. 10 miles.
Cool, sunny, and breezy. Felt sluggish. Slow and easy run. [Week: 77 miles]
- Treadmill. 64 minutes. 9 miles.
Easy early morning run. Felt fine.
- Ink Road. 67 minutes. 10 miles.
Cool (45 degrees), sunny, and breezy. Warm-up 4 miles, then steady 5 miles in 31:35 (6:23, 6:16, 6:23, 6:24, 6:09), then 1 mile cool-down. Felt pretty good.
- Russian president Putin is not fond of independent reporting. What does he fear from investigative journalism when his popularity ratings are so high?
Removal of Top Editors Signals Trouble for Independent Russian Paper
Three senior editors at the media organization ... more
- "Susan did an unusual thing and listened. That's not an easy task for a teacher."
"There was something pleasant about an empty classroom. Of course, as any teacher would point out, one nice thing was that there were no ... more