- Yesterday's emergence: midges, all over the school walls. Thanks to Chris for the ID.I promised we'd get crabapple blossoms today, and here they are! Though these are early adopters, most are still bursting at the seems, but ... more
- The National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame (NFF) announced the members of the 2016 NFF Hampshire Honor Society, and four Knights made the list. The Carleton seniors that received this honor are fullback Greg Erlandson, defensive end Mitch ... more
- Eight members of the Carleton College track and field teams are slated to participate at the 107th Drake Relays from April 27-30. Amelia Campbell, Emma Grisanzio, Kayla McKinsey, Tonya Piergies, Elsa Sandeno, and Ruth Steinke will represent the women’s program, ... more
- Town + Track. 51 minutes. 7 miles.
Chilly (45 degrees) and windy! Easy run then 4x200 w/ 200 jog, all in 32. Felt OK.
- The Carleton College baseball team dropped both ends of its doubleheader at Saint Mary’s University on Tuesday, falling 2-0 in a pitchers' duel to start the day before dropping a 13-9 result as both offense finally awoke late in game ... more
- All the actions I took,all the decisions I madeflash before melike fireworks at the endof a festival.My life flashes before melike a child's face, eyeswide with wonder.My life flashes before me ... more
- Ink Road . 67 minutes. 10 miles.
Out the door at 6:15 AM. Mild (50s), nice! Warm-up 4 miles, then steady 5 miles in 31:16 (6:22, 6:10, 6:16, 6:15, 6:13), then 1 mile cool-down. Felt pretty good.
- Town Loop. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- We'll start with the Evil: Garlic Mustard is flowering....Now we can move on to some of the good. So much is happening it'd be impossible to note it all!Virginia Bluebells blooming:
Jacob's Ladder blooming:
Redbud not ... more
- Last week began with a warm and beautiful Monday, followed by a cold and gloomy Tuesday. This week has started identically... we broke 80 degrees on Monday, which was sunny and breezy and lovely. Last night, a front came ... more
- John, my spiritual doppelgänger,it was nice to knowwhen you were around.My sangha brothers and sistersprofusely scatteredafter the change.At least, I can talk to my brother,now that the medicineallows him to be ... more