- Pizza is the only food your mouthinsists you eat.Marijuana is being legalizedin the USA because of pizza.Thomas Paine said“Give me pizza or give me death.”You can’t understand ifyou’re not American.The rapture ... more
Recently, I started telling people that Salt Lake City had made its way on my radar as a place I’d consider moving when I’m done kicking rocks in my home-’burb and I decide to live paycheck-to-paycheck in another western ... more
- Every successful political party must work within the confines of its political culture and political system. UKIP is trying to find out what that means.
Anti-E.U. Party in Britain Strives for Wider Clout
Last month the brash, populist U.K. Independence ... more
- Isolation, control of reporting, and rewards for your supporters — that's what Putin gets with the new media law in Russia.
Interesting news: A clampdown on foreign-owned media is an opportunity for some oligarchs
“YOU work for a foreign state.” ... more
- Museum Road Drop-Off . 45 minutes. 6 miles.
Cold (20 degrees) and windy. Easy run.
- Buoyed by a raucous crowd that got into the Hawaiian Night theme, sophomore Tianen Chen scored a game-high 14 points and senior Shane McSparron added 13 as the Carleton College men’s basketball team kicked off the 2014-15 campaign with a ... more
- Michele Arima scored a team-high 15 points and Skylar Tsutsui chipped in 14 points, but the Carleton College women’s basketball team dropped its home opener, 58-51, to the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
- Maja-Pearce is an Anglo-Nigerian writer, essayist and critic who was born in London and lives in Lagos, Nigeria. His op-ed for the New York Times describes why government and politics in Nigeria are unlikely to change in the near future. ... more
- Treadmill. 41 minutes. 6 miles.
Hilly run (from 1.0% to 5.0% incline) just sub 7:00 pace. Felt good.
- Gary Wagenbach, Winifred and Atherton Bean Professor of Biology, Science, Technology, and Society, Emeritus, has been awarded a $20,000 grant from the Mary Alphonse Bradley Fund. The support will be used to transport six teachers from the Lumbini Academy in ... more
Carleton News: Keïta's Documentary Featured as Keynote Event at the Annual African and African Diaspora Studies Program MeetingChérif Keïta, Professor of French, had his film, uKukhumbula uNokutela/Remembering Nokutela, as one of two keynote events (along with African-American poet Haki Madhubuti) of "Legacies: Black Cultural Transnationalisms, Remembering Nelson Mandela and Amiri Baraka," a meeting organized for the 20th Anniversary ... more
- Susan Jaret McKinstry, Helen F. Lewis Professor of English, gave a talk entitled "Digital Victorians" at the North American Conference on British Studies, November 7 through 9 in Minneapolis. The presentation was a part of a roundtable discussion titled "Digital ... more