- Life of ease.....I’m glad I found occupations in lifethat were simple enough that I coulddo, and still get paid for….plumbing…something my body could do and givemy mind a break from intellect, ratherthan using ... more
- Splashy headlines announced that Nigeria was now Africa's largest economy. How did that happen so suddenly? What does it mean for Nigerian government and politics?
Hello Nollywood: how Nigeria became Africa's biggest economy overnight; Nigeria's GDP has been revised up ... more
- Treadmill. 63 minutes. 10 miles.
Incline at 1.0%. Warm-up 15 minutes, then fartlek with quick segments of 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 minutes, starting at 6:00 pace and progressing down to 5:33. Recovery pace between segments was 6:39. Felt good again.
- Treadmill. 64 minutes. 10 miles.
Incline 1.0%. Gradually picked up the pace down to 6:00 for last 2 miles. Nice steady run. Felt pretty good.
- Short Abbe Hills + Town. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Mild and raining. Slow and easy run. [Week: 78 miles]
- The nationally No. 24-ranked Carleton College women’s tennis team continued its string of victories in MIAC play with today’ s 9-0 win over crosstown rival St Olaf College. The Knights are now 8-0 (14-2 overall) and now sit alone atop ... more
- History may repeat itself,
but, so does love.
- Psycho-archaelogy.Looking into the memoryof what you thought you knew.(That's gotta hurt)"It ain't my Goddamned planet, Monkey Boy!!"(Buckaroo Banzai)
- You know, I never did this before,in fact, I don't even know what I'm doing,but, the strange, or charmed,or top or bottom quark to this whole thing...and, you won't believe this,and, you don't have ... more
- Derreck Kayongo, a global health leader, social entrepreneur, and the co-founder of Global Soap Project, will present Carleton College’s weekly convocation address on Friday, April 18 from 10:50 to 11:50 a.m. in the Skinner Memorial Chapel. Entitled “Recycle Soap, Save ... more
- The opening of the Carleton College Junior Art Show will be held on Thursday, May 1 from 7 to 9 p.m. in Boliou Hall. Admission to this show is free and open to the public.
Carleton News: The Carleton Singers and Carleton’s Chinese Music Ensemble Join Forces for an Enchanting Night of Shakespearean Songs and East Asian MusicThe Carleton Singers, led by Lawrence Burnett, and Carleton’s Chinese Music Ensemble, directed by Gao Hong, will come together for an enchanting evening performance combining Shakespearean songs and traditional East Asian music. This unique concert will be held on Friday, ... more
- It was quiet…Tiny was in his high chair.Mom was at the table with one of hermachines… Dad was snoozing in his lowchair.Tiny remembered something from hisprevious life… when he first tried to getborn ... more
- Town + Mud Rd. + Irish Loop. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Early morning run. Slow and easy.
- Town Loop. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- That’s a provocative title…..What do you mean like dwarvesfalling down into a volcano?What do you mean like nowSixty five…alive…in a worldthat has lost it’s bearings?My best moments are lostin myth of past ... more