Carleton College's Online Collections are now in the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA).
- Where it is allincredible stewI've eaten,work is done,time to lie in bedcontemplatingdeliciously'till sleep enfolds....whether I get upagain, or not, I'mready for nothing.
- Look where it's gotten you, and,where it's gotten to you.Only a few rulers that got to powerthrough war turned their efforts topeace...Ashoka and Charlemagne,(somewhat), come to mind.Greed is a one way street.Luxury ... more
- Lisbon. 60 minutes. 8 miles.
Mild (60 degrees) and raining lightly. Extra slow and easy recovery run.
- Lisbon. 23 minutes. >3 miles.
Easy shakeout plus 4x100 strides.
- This profile of Mexico, from The Economist does a good job of describing many of the problems faced by countries seeking economic growth.
As I read it, I frequently thought about how Mexico's situation is similar to things in Nigeria, ... more
- The start of autumn officially occurred last week with the equinox, but, as I mentioned at the time, that day doesn't really mean much of anything to most people. Some people say fall started after labor day, or when school ... more
Carleton Athletics: Men's Golf: Twin Cities Classic Serves as Knights' Final Tune Up for Conference TourneyThe Carleton College men’s golf team finished 17th at the Twin Cities Classic, a result not too surprising given that this was the first collegiate tournament for three of the five players in the Knights’ lineup.
- Head Coach Cassie Kosiba is pleased to announce the addition of six newcomers to the 2015-16 roster; Anne Hamilton, CeCe Leone, Maddie Talamantes, Caroline Hull, Anna Fierek, and Annabelle Leahy. The Knights begin practice on October 15th and will open ... more
- After leading the Knights to a 2-1 record including a win over nationally ranked Augsburg, Carleton volleyball players Lucy Stevens and Camille Benson were named Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Volleyball Athletes of the Week.
In this line of sugar maples, most are still green, but a couple have turned a beautiful orange!The world is definitely starting to look more autumnal, with bits of color here and there. At this point, no species ... more
- After you look at the headline and before you read the article, how will this development affect government in the UK? How will it affect politics? and What facts do you want to know before you try to answer the ... more
- Athletics Fields. 38 minutes. 5 miles.
Slow and easy shakeout run.
- Katy Trail. 84 minutes. 12 miles.
Warm and humid. Eased into a solid pace. Right at 84 flat. Felt good. [Week: 59 miles]
- East Memphis + Shelby Farms. 38 minutes. >5 miles.
Easy run at 5:30 AM plus running around during the meet.
- Katy Trail. 67 minutes. 10 miles.
Warm, humid. Warm-up 2 miles plus strides. Then 4 mile tempo run in 23:08 (5:50, 5:45, 5:46, 5:45). Overall felt good. A bit tough at the end. Cool-down 4 miles.