- Shannon Holden overcame a sub-par ball-striking round, posting a four-over par 77, helping No. 17 Carleton finish in a tie with No. 21 Gustavus Adolphus in a dual match between the two teams. Holden’s score was the low of the ... more
Carleton Athletics: Softball: Knights take No. 19 St. Thomas to extra innings before suffering sweepThe Carleton College softball team hosted the University of St. Thomas on Friday afternoon. After struggling to get the bats going in dropping the opener, 3-0, the Knights gave the nationally-ranked Tommies all they could handle in game two before ... more
- Ken Halla has offered links to these AP Comparative Study Aids
Diss Guy: Lakers, Knicks & Celtics whiff on the Playoffs
It had to happen eventually and 2014 is as good of a time as any to have no Lakers, Knicks, or Celtics in the playoffs for the first time ... more
- Earthquake this morning…I wasn’t ready to get up, but,then, I was.The lush, womb-like warmthand beauty of Tepoztlan…onecould drink in the environmentand feel sustained…and, they do.The seasons change here twicea year…rainy to ... more
- There's no word that describes
between shallow and deep.
- Town + Country Lisbon. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Chilly (35 degrees), sunny, and nice. Started at 5:45 AM. Relaxed and easy run. Felt pretty good.
- Town Loop. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
Carleton Athletics: Baseball: Game one slips away, but Knights bounce back for split at Saint Mary’sAfter watching a three-run lead evaporate in the final inning of a 9-8, game one loss, the Carleton College baseball team was able to shake off the setback and rebound for a 4-3 triumph in game two. Sophomore Hayden Tsutsui ... more
Carleton Athletics: Softball: Knights ride stellar performances by Keelin Davis and Jenny Ramey to sweep of St. OlafThe Carleton College softball team snapped its losing streak with a pair of victories over cross-town rival St. Olaf College, topping the Oles, 1-0 and 9-2. Sophomore Keelin Davis twirled a gem in game one, while senior Jenny Ramey became ... more
It's a question that's been on the minds of many people. The editors of Leadership ("Nigeria's most influential newspaper") now make their case. Do they cover all the bases described in your textbook? (The editors are not political scientists, ... more
- Tom Buchmueller, a respected health economist and member of the Carleton Class of 1985, will discuss the economic implications of the Affordable Care Act in a public presentation on Thursday, April 24 at 4 p.m. in the Gould Library Athenaeum. ... more
- Carleton College will host a birthday party honoring William Shakespeare in commemoration of his 450th birthday with performances, displays, and refreshments on Wednesday, April 23 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Room 172 of the Weitz Center for Creativity. This ... more
- Vanderbilt University professor Joy Calico will discuss “A Survivor from Warsaw,” a work for narrator, men’s chorus, and orchestra, written by the Austrian composer Arnold Schoenberg as a tribute to the Holocaust victims. Calico’s lecture will be held Tuesday, April ... more
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: 1927 Noah Elwood Weaver photos - Buick Camping trip with Paul H and Edna H E Weaver - National Hiway PA, MD - New York - Canada Niagara Falls
In reviewing an album of Noah Elwood Weaver, prior to archiving it in Ohio for future generations of researchers, I am discerning who is in the photos and the chronology as best I can. There are very few labels ... more