Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Carleton College Parents Day 1965 Football, Snake Dance, Tradition? Beanie Hats?
- Seniors Anthony Kemper and Brian Frett were two of the top receiving targets in the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC). Both were recognized for their abilities when conference coaches voted them to the 2013 All-MIAC Second Team.
If you’re landing at Naps Happen for the first time, the sheer number of dreamy snoozes in here can get overwhelming. You can just scroll down and start clicking, or you can sample a few of my favorites to ... more
- I am busy cooking for Thanksgiving today, so I thought I would share with you one of my absolute favorite recipes! I got it from my magical (as in creator of magically delicious cooking) Aunt Brenda, who got it from ... more
- Treadmill + Indoor Track. 67 minutes. 10 miles.
Easy run at 1.0% incline. Started at 7:20 pace but got down to 6:27 pace. Overall felt OK. Added 8x100 strides.
- Indoor Track. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
- Five players finished in double figures for the Carleton College men’s basketball team—including double-doubles by both senior Taylor Hanson and sophomore John Eckert—but it was not enough as the Knights dropped their season opener, 77-73, to visiting Wartburg College,
- This fall, the Carleton Orchestra, directed by Hector Valdivia, performed a number of pieces: Wagner’s Rienzi Overture, Schulhoff’s Suite, Op. 37, Shostakovich’s Chamber Symphony, and Strauss’ Dance of the Seven Veils. Student photographer, Maria Kjellstrand, captured the event.
Advancing methodically, the NBA is embracing analytics and making them the new normal. This offseason footed the bill to install and run SportVU player tracking cameras in the remaining arenas that didn’t have them, institutionalizing complex data. Last month ... more
- Town + Country Lisbon. 60 minutes. 8 miles.
Chilly and breezy. Slow and easy run.
- Town Loop. 29 minutes. 4 miles.
Relaxed run. Felt better.