- (subtitle: Wake Up Or Be Put to Sleep)Decepticon; great word for corrupt power robots,more visceral than Neocon.Sheen is more sheepish now that he knowshis tiger's blood is rife with HIV.ISIS is not more than ... more
- Both the Carleton College men’s and women’s cross country teams will be represented at the 2015 NCAA National Championships this Saturday, Nov. 21. The women’s team earned an automatic bid to nationals after finishing second at the NCAA Central Region ... more
- As I was taking yet another wind-blown lunch walk... side note: pretty much the only day this week that we haven't had crazy, blow-you-off-course winds was Tuesday when it rained. You know how much I love strong gusty winds, ... more
- This is a reminder that there are ethnic cleavages in Iran, but not all of them are always politically relevant. (After all, the Supreme Leader and several cabinet members are Azeris.) However, a children's TV show seems to have exposed ... more
- Town + Track + Treadmill. 80 minutes. 11 miles.
Chilly (34 degrees), sunny, and windy. Easy run around town plus 4x200 strides in 37 with 200 jog. Then easy 5 mile run on treadmill.
- Wilcox + Henik. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Relaxed and easy shakeout run.
- Led by eight early points by Kevin Grow,the Carleton College men’s basketball team shot 65 percent in the first half en route to a 71-56 road victory over Bethany Lutheran College. Grow finished with his second straight double-double, totaling 17 ... more
- I attended my daughter's graduationfrom American University in 1990. After
the ceremony, my little family; my ex, mydaughter and her cousin, went to lunchwith her boyfriend and his family, whichwas slightly more extended. They sat ... more
- "Nobody gets out of here alive."Jim MorrisonWe're all in the same boat.Even if the rich survive,underground, or on someother planet, they take theirself destructiveness along.And, who would want tosurvive alongside ... more
- Most people worship life.
I see life as a temporary
interruption of death.