- Carleton College defender Madelaine Horn had a breakout week in leading her women's soccer team to a pair of victories. The junior—who had only scored two career goals prior to last week—scored three of her team's four goals and both ... more
Carleton Athletics: Men's Cross Country: Hart Hornor selected as USTFCCCA National Athlete-of-the-WeekCarleton College cross country runner Hart Hornor was selected the U.S. Track and Field & Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) Division III National Athlete-of-the-Week for his fourth-place performance at the Augustana (SD) Twilight Invitational. On Tuesday, he was also tabbed ... more
- Treadmill. 60 minutes. 9 miles.
Thunderstorms. Easy run down to 6:22 pace by the end. Felt better than yesterday.
- Athletic Fields. 23 minutes. >3 miles.
Easy shakeout run.
Thomas Glessner Weaver '69: Ohio State University - Campus in 1935 Where Paul H Weaver and Margaret M Glessner met
1935 Columbus near OSU Campus, Edna Eicher Weaver, Paul Henry Weaver, roommate?, Noah ... more
- After acquiring a second All-Tournament team selection in as many weeks, Carleton junior Camille Benson was named as a Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Athlete-of-the-Week, it was announced Tuesday.
John Tischer '71: Trailer Park Country Western Song Of The Five `Hundred Pound Couch Potato Or Tomato...lost one getting a drink....
...shorthand for here we are.....they say it all the time in Vegas......listening to Trout Mask Replica adds to the mix.......I can still be creative as long as I don't try.......Pakistan ... more
There was a guy who lived next to me my freshman year, the classic college super-weird smart guy. He collected snakes in his room -- not in cages. In his room. He was sweet and screwy and spent a ... more
- This fall, join a community-wide conversation about the U.S. Constitution through a special event series organized by Carleton College and its community partners. The Constitution turns 227 years old this month, yet it remains the focus of fierce national debate. ... more
- Sometimes a student of comparative politics has to look in obscure places for clues about regimes and politics that are not transparent.
Tehran Unfetters Cellphones, and the Pictures Start Flowing
Some days ago, Mahdi Taghizadeh did something he never thought ... more
- Mud + Irish + Town. 60 minutes. 8 miles.
Felt sluggish. Slow and easy run plus 8x100 strides.
- Shannon Holden fired a career-best one-over par 73, Geraldine Tellbuescher broke the 36-hole school record, and Carleton won its fourth straight event by posting a school record final-round 300 team score at the Wartburg Invitational. The Knights’ 604 total bested ... more