- The No. 12-ranked Carleton College women’s cross country team took on a high quality field at the UW-Oshkosh AAE Invitational on Saturday. Despite missing two of the team's top runners, the Knights were able to string together a series of ... more
- The Carleton College swimming and diving teams opened the 2014-15 season with their annual Intrasquad/Alumni Meet. This non-scoring event featured a record 40 former Knights in attendance at Thorpe Pool.
- he Carleton College men’s cross country team competed at the UW-Oshkosh AAE Invitational on Saturday, taking 13th in field made up of many of the top D-II and D-III teams from across the country.
- The Carleton College football team led twice during the fourth quarter but was unable to come up with a late-game stop, falling 17-13 to crosstown rival St. Olaf College. Knights quarterback Zach Creighton accumulated a game-high 104 yards on the ... more
- On a sunny day that marked the last regular-season home game for the four Carleton College seniors, the Knights handily defeated Hamline University, 3-0. Appropriately, senior Bailey Ulbricht scored twice in the second half to lead Carleton to victory.
- Despite claiming an 18-7 advantage in shots on goal, the Carleton College men's soccer team dropped a 1-0 decision to Hamline University on Saturday morning.
- The Carleton College volleyball team continued its winning ways on Saturday, as the team earned a pair of victories at the Carleton Triangular in front of a large crowd at West Gymnasium. Carleton opened up day one with a three-set ... more
- Judith Howard, Associate Professor of Dance and Chair of the Theater and Dance, was honored with a SAGE Award for Dance. She competed against three other nominees for the the Outstanding Dance Educator award, which is given to a dance ... more
Carleton News: “The Man Who Made Kathie Lee Cry” to present Carleton Convocation on Global Labor and Human RightsCharles Kernaghan, the executive director of the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights, will present Carleton College’s weekly convocation address on Friday, Oct. 24 from 10:50 to 11:50 a.m. in the Skinner Memorial Chapel. Widely recognized as having launched ... more
- As you watch it comes to youwashing all away…Yesterday, in the kiosk, thepipe burning with reason,coffee black as the night of day.The old men didn’t move then.Smoke occasionally puffed up.As they watched ... more
- Sometimes people listen…
a few times, maybe,
in their lives.
Thousands look at
a Van Gogh, sometimes
someone sees it.
This is the magic that
the world is full of.
doesn’t take the plane
and avoids disaster. ... more
- When people from different political cultures use the same words, they don't always mean the same thing. (One of the many ambiguities of comparative politics.)
Leader Taps Into Chinese Classics in Seeking to Cement Power
When China’s leader, Xi Jinping, ... more
- The Carleton College Alumni Office is hosting a Football Reunion with events planned for both Friday and Saturday, Oct. 17-18
- I have four books sitting next to my desk that I've read and haven't written about. All of them were written by authors whose earlier books I'm familiar with. All of them were at least good.
Should I do more ... more