- North Conway, NH. 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Another relaxed and easy run.
- North Conway, NH . 73 minutes. 10 miles.
Relaxed and easy run. Felt a little tired.
- Bethlehem + Littleton, NH . 74 minutes. 10 miles.
Slow and easy pace. Felt OK.
- Bethlehem + Littleton, NH . 73 minutes. 10 miles.
Another hilly run but felt better. Relaxed and easy pace. [Week: 76 miles]
- Bethlehem, NH . 55 minutes. 7 miles.
Very hilly run! Extra slow and easy pace. Felt sluggish.
- Bethlehem, NH. 22 minutes. 3 miles.
Easy run. Felt pretty good.
- Charles River Path, Boston. 73 minutes. 10 miles.
Cool, windy, and sunny. Extra slow first 3 miles, then a solid pace the rest of the way. Felt pretty good.
- Scobey + Ink Road. 68 minutes. 10 miles.
Early morning run. Warm-up 4 miles, then steady 5 miles (avg. 6:20 pace), then easy 1 mile. Felt pretty good.
- NW Quadrant. 30 minutes. 4 miles.
Slow and easy shakeout run.
- Fallon read an excerpt quickly....the truth is an embarrassment to these people.
- "Diversity"...Let's see how many unique kinds ofpeople we can come up with...instead ofkeeping it simple and realizing thatindividuals are complex, contradictory,uncertain, curious, weird."A great order is a great disorder." StevensBefore Babel, everyone ... more
- For Father's Day, my awesome daughter gave me five polar bear post cards to send to the President this week :) Even better, she made them all as she patiently sat through an entire day of school visit presentations ... more
- The Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) announced its Winter/Spring 2015-16 Academic All-Conference honorees today, with Carleton College student-athletes earning distinction a school-record 60 times. To qualify for recognition, student-athletes must be a sophomore, junior, or senior, with a minimum cumulative ... more
- The Communist Party of China has never been comfortable when non-party actors were able to act independently. A new law, which has not yet been made public, reinforces that tendency.
China passes new laws on foreign NGOs amid international criticism ... more
In Simon’s lyrics, the decisions are invariably mixed: he once told the music journalist Paul Zollo, “I try to get all the opposites into the same song, if I can.”
-Kelefa Sanneh, “Cool Papa,” New Yorker , 5-9-16
He has managed to become neither a wizened oracle nor an oldies act, and his best songs convey the appealing sensation of listening to a guy who is still trying to figure out what he’s doing. “I’m never gonna ... more
- A political party doesn't do as well as expected in an election. First step: new party leadership. Does this suggest that Mexican parties are more mature organizations?
Head of Mexico's Ruling PRI Steps Down After Electoral Drubbing
The president of ... more