Housing & Residential Life
Residential life at Carleton is the heart of campus life. 90% of our students live in college housing, and they spend more time there than anywhere else on campus.
The Office of Residential Life strives to provide a safe and supportive residential environment which complements and extends the educational experience of students. Student-centered programs and services are developed and implemented with an emphasis on holistic individual and community development, student leadership, individual responsibility, advocacy of academic inquirey, and freedom of thought, opinion and expression in the spirit of mutual respect. These are the hallmarks of the Carleton residential experience and provide the essential foundation for a quality liberal arts education within a diverse and dynamic community.
Spring closing storage hours are as follows. If you are arriving early to campus next fall, you MUST put your storage items in Musser for early arrival storage.
Friday, June 7 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 8 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, June 9 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Monday, June 10 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 11 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 12 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. ONLY
Thursday, June 13 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. ONLY
Friday, June 14 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. ONLY
- Residential Life Statement of Purpose and Goals
- Residential Life Office Staff, Area Directors, Resident Assistants, and House Managers
- Residential Living policies in the Student Handbook
- General information about living in our housing, safety and security, and roommate relations.
- Room Draw, Room Changes, Interest Houses, Institutional Houses, Northfield Option, Housing for Your Return, Housing Accommodation Requests, Meal Plan Exemption, Closing Information, and more.
- Information and forms related to housing during breaks (winter, spring and summer) and Commencement week.
- Hall opening and closing dates, meal plan deadlines, shared interest deadlines, northfield option deadlines, room draw dates, and more
- RA application, job description, frequently asked questions, qualifications and process, reference form and selection calendar.
- Guidelines on how to reserve a residential location (i.e. a main lounge, the Superlounge, Cassat Game Room). Also included is the social event registration form for events larger than 25 people.
- Goodhue Super Lounge Guidelines and Request, Cassat Main Lounge Guidelines and Request, OneCard, Dining Services, Maintenance, Storage, Facilities Work Request
- Please enter your user name and password to access this page.
- Social Event Registration, Meal Plan Exemption Request, Housing Accommodation Request, Housing Information Request, Quiet Area Agreement, Substance Free Agreement, Co-Ed Housing Agreement
- Some of your most common questions -- like "I lost my Key," and 'What is the Housing Freeze?'" -- are answered here.