Roommate Relations: A Guide
Use this guide to explore your expectations for living with a roommate. Additionally, this can be used as a discussion tool for creating a roommate agreement with your roommate. Your RA can assist you with this.
- Make your roommate relationship win-win
- Communicating with your roommate
- Compromising early and often
- Setting clear expectations
- Roommate Boundaries and Rights
- At Carleton, you will develop many relationships. Many of those will happen in the residence halls. Of those, your relationship with your roommate will be one of the most important. Communication, compromising often, and setting clear expectations will help you create a positive, long-lasting relationship with your roommate(s).