Star of the North 2009
We were thrilled with our results at this competition. For many of our team members, this was their first competition. In addition, there were many more competitors than anticipated, with many of the bronze events having over 20 and 30 people. In spite of this, our members placed very well, earning many medals in the newcomer dances. At the bronze level, the next level up in difficulty, we did not have any finalists. However, we had several couples place in the semi-finals in multiple events.
In addition, we competed in the American style team match. We managed to place 4th out of 7 teams.
- Newcomer Cha Cha: 3rd and 5th place
- Newcomer Rumba: 4th and 5th place
- Newcomer Cha Cha: 1st, 2nd, and 5th place
- Newcomer Rumba: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th place
- Bronze Cha Cha: 1 Semi-finalist
- Bronze Rumba: 3 Semi-finalists
- Newcomer Tango: 4th place
- Bronze Tango: 1 Semi-finalist
- Newcomer Waltz: 2nd, 3rd, 4th place
- Newcomer Quickstep: 1st, 3rd, 5th place
- Bronze Waltz: 2 Semi-finalists
- Bronze Quickstep: 3 Semi-finalists
- American Style: 4th place