This Term At SUMO:
- Friday, October 24th, 8:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Friday, October 24th, 11:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Saturday, October 25th, 2:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Saturday, October 25th, 8:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Saturday, October 25th, 11:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
Adapted from Gillian Robespierre's own short film of the same name, Obvious Child stars Jenny Slate as Donna Stern, an aspiring standup comic in her late twenties who regularly performs at a Brooklyn bar on open-mic nights when there's no cover charge. As the story opens, Donna gets dumped by her boyfriend (supposedly for talking about their relationship too much in her act) and loses her day job at a bookstore that's being evicted by the owner of the building. Not long after, during a night of epic drinking, she meets Max (Jake Lacy). The two hit it off and enjoy a drunken one-night stand, which Donna slinks away from in the morning. Weeks later, Donna discovers she's pregnant. Knowing she's in no way ready to be a mother, she decides to have an abortion. She tries repeatedly to tell Max what is happening, but keeps chickening out -- in part because he's such a nice guy.
- Saturday, November 1st, 6:00 pm, Lakeville Theater
- Friday, November 7th, 8:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Friday, November 7th, 11:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Saturday, November 8th, 2:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Saturday, November 8th, 8:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Saturday, November 8th, 11:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
Michael Dowse's romantic comedy What If explores the tried and true question can men and women ever be just friends. Dropout med student Wallace (Daniel Radcliffe) makes the acquaintance of aspiring animator Chantry (Zoe Kazan), and though they quickly take an instant liking to each other, she is committed to her live-in boyfriend Ben (Rafe Spall). They agree just to be friends, but when Ben is forced to live in Europe for work, Wallace and Chantry grow more intimate. Meanwhile, Wallace's best friend Allan (Adam Driver) encourages him to stop dithering and tell Chantry how he really feels about her.
- Friday, November 14th, 8:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Friday, November 14th, 11:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Saturday, November 15th, 2:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Saturday, November 15th, 8:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
- Saturday, November 15th, 11:00 pm, Weitz Cinema
It's been five years since Hiccup and Toothless successfully united dragons and vikings on the island of Berk. While Astrid, Snoutlout and the rest of the gang are challenging each other to dragon races (the island's new favorite contact sport), the now inseparable pair journey through the skies, charting unmapped territories and exploring new worlds. When one of their adventures leads to the discovery of a secret ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace. Now, Hiccup and Toothless must unite to stand up for what they believe while recognizing that only together do they have the power to change the future of both men and dragons.