After Hours and Emergency Information
Student Health and Counseling is open 9 am - 6 pm Monday through Friday, with evening medical appointments on Mondays until 8 pm. The following is information about accessing services after hours. Students should take their insurance card with them whenever they access off-campus medical care.
Counseling Services After-Hours:
If you need mental health services after-hours, a Student Health and Counseling psychologist is on-call 24 hours a day for emergency phone consultation. Access the on-call psychologist by contacting Carleton Security (507-222-4444) and asking to speak to the psychologist on-call. Security will take your name and number (but ask no other questions) and the on-call psychologist will call you back at the number you provided.
Medical Services After-Hours:
If you require emergency medical care, call 911 or go the Northfield Hospital Emergency Room. For non life-threatening emergencies, care is available at local Northfield clinics and the Northfield Hospital.
To access health care in the evening or on the weekend:
Allina Medical Clinic (507-663-9000) Walk-Ins Welcome Anytime!
- Monday to Thursday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Northfield Urgent Care (507-664-9999)
- Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm
- Saturday - 9am – 4pm
- Sunday - 9am – 4pm
Family Health Medical Clinic (507-646-1494)
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m.– 5 p.m.
- Extended pediatric hours: Open to 8 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and 9 a.m. – noon Saturday (only for young adults to age 20)
Northfield Hospital, Emergency Room (507-646-1100)
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Emergency contraception (Plan B) is available over the counter at local pharmacies (during regular pharmacy hours.)
Please visit the Carleton College Transportation website for information about how to secure transportation for medical appointments.