Appointments – for when you want to schedule your care in advance
Walk-in Care* – for when you need to be seen on short notice
Phone Triage – for when you have questions about whether you need to receive care or wonder whether you should be seen at SHAC or at a local clinic.
(*subject to provider availability)
Services we provide:
- eye, ear, nose, throat infections
- colds and flu
- skin infections
- bladder infections
Sexual & Women's Health:
- Birth Control - education about methods; prescriptions; refills
- Annual Exams/Pap
- Treatment of yeast and vaginal infections
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Emergency Contraception (Plan B)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) testing
- Condoms available
- Abrasions, small cuts
- Sprains, strains
- Minor burns
- Rapid Strep Throat
- Urine Pregnancy Testing
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, HIV, Syphilis)
For other labs, we can draw blood and/or collect specimens for analysis at off-campus labs.
Our medical staff can write prescriptions to be filled at local pharmacies. A limited variety of commonly prescribed medications are able to be dispensed at SHAC.
Collaborative Care with Counseling Services:
- Eating Disorders
- Sexual Assault; Sexual Abuse
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Stress, sleep Problems
This is not a complete list of services. Please call to inquire about any service not listed.
Services Contracted with Other Agencies to Provide On-Campus:
- Immunizations (Performed at SHAC by Homeland Health)
- Travel Medicine Physicals / Vaccinations (Performed at SHAC by Allina Clinic)
Services Not Provided:
- Imaging (X-ray; MRI; CT)
- Allergy Shots
- Information about resources available to sick Carleton students, both on and off-campus.
- List of fees and charges for medical services rendered at Student Health and Counseling.
- Information about birth control services provided at Student Health and Counseling.