Costs for Services
- No charge for office visits with a medical provider in SHAC.
- Laboratory tests, medications, and/or medical supplies are provided at a reasonable cost.
- Student Health and Counseling does not submit claims to health insurance carriers.
- If you obtain health care off-campus, there are separate charges which are billed to your insurance plan.
Costs for SHAC services can be paid in two ways:
- You can pay with your OneCard (Schillers) at the time of service*
- You can choose for the fee to be billed to your student account**
*Charges to OneCard are not itemized, so services rendered are not listed. Also, only students can get a listing of their OneCard transactions. It is, essentially, as private as paying cash.
**Due to confidentiality laws, we only provide the Carleton Business Office with a date of service and the dollar amount to be billed. If a student needs a detailed receipt, please contact Student Health and Counseling.
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhea testing: $35
- HIV: $12
- Syphilis: $16
- Pap smear: $25
- Screening for Vaginal Infections: $15
- Plan B (Emergency Contraception): $14
- Pregnancy test: $5
- Birth Control Pills: $11/cycle or month
- PPD/Mantoux placement: $5
- Rapid Strep test: $5
- Mononucleosis test: $5
- Urinanalysis: $5
- Wart Treatment: $10
- Hot/Cold Pack: $5
- Ace Bandage: $5
- Crutches (temporary loan): Free, unless crutches aren’t returned, then student is charged at cost.
Immunizations (Provided On-Campus by Homeland Health)
Students pay at time of service and may later submit claim form for insurance reimbursement
- Influenza: $25 injection; $35 mist
- Tetanus, diphtheria, whooping cough: $55
- Hepatitis A: $85 each (series of 2 required to be fully immunized)
- Hepatitis B: $85 each (series of 3 is required to be fully immunized)
- MMR: $85
- Meningococcal: $125
- HPV: $200