Immunizations and Vaccinations
Immunizations Available On Campus:
Flu shot clinics will be held on campus in Severance Great Hall from 3pm-7pm on Tuesday, October 22 and 9am-1pm on Wednesday, October 23, 2013. You may receive other immunizations (see below) during the flu shot clinic if you call Homeland Health Specialists (877-746-8060) to pre-register.
Monthly Immunization Clinics: Homeland Health Specialists administer vaccinations at SHAC monthly. 2013-2014 clinics will take place between noon and 1pm on the following dates: Sep. 24; Nov. 19; Feb. 11; Mar. 11; Apr. 15; and May 20. Please call to pre-register (877-746-8060) at least a week before the scheduled dates. NOTE: The January clinic has been rescheduled to take place during the Winter Health Fair (Wed., Jan. 15 from 4:30-6:30pm in Great Hall).
Homeland Health Specialists offer a variety of immunizations:
- Influenza: $30 injection; $35 mist
- Tetanus, diphtheria, whooping cough: $55
- Hepatitis A: $85 each (series of 2 required to be fully immunized)
- Hepatitis B: $90 each (series of 3 is required to be fully immunized)
- MMR: $100
- Meningococcal: $150
- HPV: $200 each (series of 3 is required to be fully immunized)
- Rabies: $800 (3 doses)
Immunizations Available at Local Clinics:
If the on-campus immunization clinic dates are inconvenient, you may receive immunizations at the following Northfield Clinics:
- You will need to use your insurance for off-campus care
- Carleton Student Insurance Plan covers most vaccinations. It does NOT cover the HPV vaccine, Gardasil.
First Year Students:
Click here to see the immunizations required before coming to Carleton (per Minnesota state law.)
Immunization Records Request Process:
To obtain a copy of your immunization record after leaving Carleton:
- Mail, email, or fax the Immunization Records Request Form to Student Health and Counseling. The request needs to include your name, birth date, graduation year, written signature and the name, address and/or fax number of where you want the information sent/faxed. We will process your request as soon as possible.
- Student Health and Counseling is open limited hours in the summer, therefore please request your records early enough for your request to be accommodated during our shortened summer office hours.
- Student health records are kept for 8 years after the date of graduation.