The Summer 2017 Application will release on December 15, 2016.
Please join our mailing list to receive program updates.
Students who are currently in 10th and 11th grade (rising junior and senior while the program is in session) are eligible to apply. Students who would like to participate in any Summer Academic programs must apply for admission; completed applications are submitted to the Admissions Committee for review. Please be aware that students are admitted to our programs on a rolling basis; space may be limited at the final application deadline.
The comprehensive $3,895 Carleton Summer Science Institute fee includes:
- Books and materials used in class and lab.
- Six Carleton credit hours (approximately equivalent to 3 semester credit hours)
- Room and board (includes all meals)
- Activities and excursions
A $500 deposit is due with each general admission application. The remaining balance of $3,100 is due on of before the start of the program. If you are not offered admission into CSSI, the $500 tuition deposit will be returned to you. For accepted students, the tuition deposit is non-refundable. Please see the cancellation policy for further details.
A limited number of scholarships are available for the Summer Science Institute. For more information, please see the Scholarships page.
Our cancellation policy applies to all students that have been accepted to a program. If no decision has been emailed, we will refund any fees paid.
Students whose written withdrawal is received by the Summer Academic Programs office:
- on or before April 15, 2017 will be entitled to a refund of any fees paid over and above the $500 non-refundable tuition deposit.
- between April 16 and June 2, 2017 will be entitled to a refund of 50% of any fees paid over and above the $500 nonrefundable tuition deposit.
- on or after June 3, 2017 will be responsible for the full fees and will not receive a refund.
All cancellations and refund requests must be received in writing. Please allow up to 10 business days for your refund to be processed. Refunds are typically issued in the same form of payment as the original payment.
No refunds or discounts will be given for early departures at the end of the program. Any participant who is dismissed or who voluntarily withdraws from their program for any reason, will be held responsible for their full fees of the program.
This written cancellation policy is always binding and no verbal communication from SAP staff can override this policy.