About the June Workshops
As part of our ongoing effort to offer challenging and engaging workshops, we have selected some of the AP* courses most frequently offered in high schools and created First Time workshops and Advanced Topics workshops. Both workshop options present unique challenges and opportunities for teachers with varying levels of subject area experience.
First Time workshops are designed for teachers who have taught their AP* course for three or fewer years, regardless of their level of teaching experience and/or subject area experience. First Time workshops focus on effectively planning, organizing, and implementing AP* curriculum. First Time workshops will also discuss the AP* Exam itself, including strategies for preparing students.
Advanced Topics workshops are designed for teachers who have taught their AP* course for three or more years. Advanced Topics workshops focus on specific curriculum topics and increasing content knowledge. The content of Advanced Topics workshops are partially guided by the participants' needs and tend to spend less time discussing the specifics of the AP* Exam.
Summer Teaching Institute 2016
June 27-30 Workshops
**We are in the process of updating all workshop descriptions for 2016. The courses we will offer in June are listed below.
- American Themes
- English Language and Composition
- English Literature and Composition: 1st Time
- English Literature and Composition: Advanced Topics
History & Social Science
- American Themes
- European History
- Government & Politics: Comparative
- Government & Politics: United States
- Human Geography: 1st Time
- Human Geography: Advanced Topics
- Psychology: 1st Time
- Psychology: Advanced Topics
- United States History
- World History: 1st Time
- World History: Advanced Topics
Math & Computer Science
- Calculus AB: 1st Time
- Calculus AB: Advanced Topics
- Calculus BC
- Computer Science A
- Computer Science: CS Principles